Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Is anything safe?

I think I'll go back to hiding my money in my mattress! The latest scam
    A little help is worth a ton of sympathy.

Dell Inspiron
    Windows 10
    Edge

Opps,

Everyone now knows the cash is under the mattress!

Blog Entries

Hi Zep. Everybody is welcome to any cash they can find in my mattress.

Dell Inspiron
    Windows 10
    Edge

Off Topic................sort of.

Dumped mattress lands cash in trash in Israel

I wonder if they ever found it?
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Blog Entries

Ouch! Ouch!

Dell Inspiron
    Windows 10
    Edge

Oh my, that is scary RDG - if only people would put all this effort into doing good instead of bad, just think what sort of a world we could have ...

For anyone concerned enough, here's where you can buy RFID protection in the UK :

RFID Protect - protecting your identity from RFID theft

And just following the same theme, here's an interesting article from today's Independent : 'Prepare for all-out cyber war' - Online, Media - The Independent

I love this bit though : "IT experts have warned that Whitehall is particularly vulnerable to cyber attacks because many computers still run on an outdated version of Internet Explorer which is known to be at particular risk to hackers. The Coalition has ruled out an upgrade on the grounds of cost."

Maybe we should email Whitehall and suggest they visit H2G!!
    Last edited by Steph; 12-14-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    Today is the dawn of another error ...

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.4GHz;
    RAM 8.0 GB;
    Windows 7 Home Prem SP1 64 bit
    Firefox; IE11

Blog Entries

Thanks Steph.

Dell Inspiron
    Windows 10
    Edge

Red face Some useful case studies at RFID Protect concerning credit card 'skimming'

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Oh my, that is scary RDG - if only people would put all this effort into doing good instead of bad, just think what sort of a world we could have ...

For anyone concerned enough, here's where you can buy RFID protection in the UK :

RFID Protect - protecting your identity from RFID theft

And just following the same theme, here's an interesting article from today's Independent : 'Prepare for all-out cyber war' - Online, Media - The Independent

I love this bit though : "IT experts have warned that Whitehall is particularly vulnerable to cyber attacks because many computers still run on an outdated version of Internet Explorer which is known to be at particular risk to hackers. The Coalition has ruled out an upgrade on the grounds of cost."

Maybe we should email Whitehall and suggest they visit H2G!!

Hi Steph,

This is just a really short note to say thanks for helping raise awareness of our work.

If you'd like to learn even more about just how 'secure' your 'contactless' RFID credit cards, e-passports, ski-passes, Oyster cards or door-entry systmes are then we've added a series of PDF downloads to our website (these are free of charge, which is always a bonus in these austere times).

RFID Protect Resources

Finally, if you’re in any doubt as to whether or not RFID skimming is a real threat, then perhaps watch the following video evidence. The short film demonstrates real time 'skimming' of credit card details in a public place, and what's more the victims don't feel a thing!

RFID Protect Video - The Electronic Pickpocket

Anyway, once again thanks for the 'plug' - it really was appreciated, and a genuine surprise to stumble across your post here.

The Team at RFID Protect

You're most welcome and thank you for your post RDG got me concerned enough with his original post to have me searching for UK based solutions and I came across your company on the NO2ID site (as the only sensible solution in the middle of a long thread involving tin foil!)

Help2Go is entirely run by volunteers under the ownership of Oscar Sodani, whose expertise is highly regarded in the international IT community. Apart from providing a great learning resource, the ethos of the site is to raise security awareness and to give jargon-free, friendly and technically competent help to anyone who needs it. We have a great community of volunteers here and the quality of the site has attracted many members who have years of experience in IT and who, as a result, are happy to lend their reputations and expertise to such a quality enterprise. We’re generally recognised as being one of the best sites of this type on the web (not that I'm biased!) so if you know anyone who needs assistance perhaps you can direct them here, where they’re sure to get quality advice completely free of charge. Better still, as a like-minded company where security is concerned, how about putting a link to us on your site?

Thank you for the links you posted, I know other members will also find them interesting and they will certainly help to raise much-needed awareness.

Kind regards
    Steph
    Last edited by Steph; 12-27-2010 at 01:20 PM.
    Today is the dawn of another error ...

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.4GHz;
    RAM 8.0 GB;
    Windows 7 Home Prem SP1 64 bit
    Firefox; IE11

Hi Steph

As was usefully suggested in your last post, we've now added a hyper-link from our RFID Protect 'resources' webpage (under Partner Organisations) to Help2Go Forums - Welcome to Help2Go!

If you want to check out this new link, (and perhaps offer us a steer on whether our improvised description of your work is acceptable), then the address can be found at: RFID Protect Resources

Hope this helps everyone at Help2Go - and if there's anything that you guys can do to further raise awareness of our project, then please feel free to do so.

In the meantime, here's wishing you continued success with what is clearly an important and much-needed resource.

The Team at RFID Protect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast