Thread: scam call ????

Default scam call ????

just got a call from a 707 prefix number stating he was calling about microsoft 35...he said the company that i had used to fix my computer had crashed and that i had bought a 3 yr contract, they were randomly calling costomers for a refund of the complete cost due to the inibility of the company to fullfill their commitment. he had a very heavy east indian accent...he wanted me to get on my computer and go to the above website so that a tech could lead me to the pages to fill out for refund, i called the company-and went to their website-phone # is not taking calls and no website now...talk about a double scam...!!! anyone else gotten these calls ?????

Hello dots41

I've never had one of those calls, but there somewhat common,

Cybercriminals have started calling people on the telephone, claiming to be from Microsoft, and offering to help solve their computer problems. Once cybercriminals have gained a victim's trust, they can do one or more of the following:

• Trick people into installing malicious software on their computer.
    • Take control of a victim's computer remotely and adjust settings in order to leave the computer vulnerable.
    • Request credit card information so that cybercriminals can bill for the phony services.

See link, old but valid.

Donít fall for phony phone tech support

Thanks
    Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post: