Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Worcestershire. England.
    Posts
    1,443
    Points
    74

    Question Samsung TV, Headphone jack

    I have a new Samsung model LE40B530 LCD television, I have looked around the set and in the manual and I cant find a socket with a Headphone symbol by it? does anyone know where I can connect an ordinary Headphone to the television thanks for any help cheers Jim

  2. #2
    Member Spyware Fighter DonnaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illiana, Ill. USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Points
    491

    Default

    Hi Jim,
    From my Google Search, I found that your Model doesn't not have a Headphone Socket.

    Here is the link I found for you that has a full list of Product Features. Samsung LE40B530 40" Full HD Digital LCD Black - LCD televisions - Televisions - Sound & vision - Technology - Sainsbury’s

    Maybe one of the other members may be able to offer a solution such as possibly connecting your TV to a stereo system and setting up headphones from there so that the Audio Out from the TV is guided to the Audio In to the Stereo System. Something like that. I usually have my kids do this for me haha!

    Sorry I couldn't help you more.
    Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

    Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"



    "People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

  3. #3
    Member MrDarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South East Northumberland
    Posts
    2,955
    Points
    557

    Default

    If your telly is of modern design, look for a connection similer (well exactly like actually!) to the speaker socket found on your computer. That is, a hole with a green ring round it, usually found at the back or side next to the HDMI, scart and VGA connectors. This will take a standard headphone jack.
    Always remember you're unique.


    ...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

    Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Worcestershire. England.
    Posts
    1,443
    Points
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaB View Post
    Hi Jim,
    From my Google Search, I found that your Model doesn't not have a Headphone Socket.

    Here is the link I found for you that has a full list of Product Features. Samsung LE40B530 40" Full HD Digital LCD Black - LCD televisions - Televisions - Sound & vision - Technology - Sainsbury’s

    Maybe one of the other members may be able to offer a solution such as possibly connecting your TV to a stereo system and setting up headphones from there so that the Audio Out from the TV is guided to the Audio In to the Stereo System. Something like that. I usually have my kids do this for me haha!

    Sorry I couldn't help you more.
    Donna
    Thanks for the link Donna.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Worcestershire. England.
    Posts
    1,443
    Points
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDarn View Post
    If your telly is of modern design, look for a connection similer (well exactly like actually!) to the speaker socket found on your computer. That is, a hole with a green ring round it, usually found at the back or side next to the HDMI, scart and VGA connectors. This will take a standard headphone jack.
    Thanks MrDarn I will check that out .

  6. #6
    Member Spyware Fighter DonnaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illiana, Ill. USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Points
    491

    Default

    Hi Jim,

    I hope that MrDarn is correct concerning the hole with the green ring around it. I always try to find the simplest ways to make life easier with less worries. I had seen the comment in bold below in a review and assumed that was the only option.

    2 things that may be an issue for people are:- only 1 scart socket,not a problem for me as i only have my PVR that uses scart and also no headphone socket, this was quite a big issue for me as i prefer using headphones for night time viewing, i just hooked up 2 analogue cables from the back of the tv to my hifi amp's aux input and plug headphones into my amp now, problem solved.

    The review I found near the bottom of the page by a customer named Steve1969 in this link here>> Play.com (UK) : Samsung Series 5 530 40" LE40B530 / HD 1080p / Freeview LCD TV : Electronics - Free Delivery

    As I said, I hope he's right and I'm wrong.
    Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

    Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"



    "People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

  7. #7
    Member MrDarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South East Northumberland
    Posts
    2,955
    Points
    557

    Default

    Actually, thinking on again, i may be wrong completly!

    I used that as an audio INTO the tv, from my laptop. I've never tried the reverse...

    Be good to hear the outcome of this one...
    Always remember you're unique.


    ...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

    Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Worcestershire. England.
    Posts
    1,443
    Points
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDarn View Post
    If your telly is of modern design, look for a connection similer (well exactly like actually!) to the speaker socket found on your computer. That is, a hole with a green ring round it, usually found at the back or side next to the HDMI, scart and VGA connectors. This will take a standard headphone jack.
    I tried the only outlet with green around it nothing came through the headphones I will try what Donna has found, thanks MrDarn

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Worcestershire. England.
    Posts
    1,443
    Points
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaB View Post
    Hi Jim,

    I hope that MrDarn is correct concerning the hole with the green ring around it. I always try to find the simplest ways to make life easier with less worries. I had seen the comment in bold below in a review and assumed that was the only option.

    2 things that may be an issue for people are:- only 1 scart socket,not a problem for me as i only have my PVR that uses scart and also no headphone socket, this was quite a big issue for me as i prefer using headphones for night time viewing, i just hooked up 2 analogue cables from the back of the tv to my hifi amp's aux input and plug headphones into my amp now, problem solved.

    The review I found near the bottom of the page by a customer named Steve1969 in this link here>> Play.com (UK) : Samsung Series 5 530 40" LE40B530 / HD 1080p / Freeview LCD TV : Electronics - Free Delivery

    As I said, I hope he's right and I'm wrong.
    Donna
    I tried MrDarn suggestion with no result, your find sounds good I will get some cables and give it a shot later this week I will post how I get on. your time and help appreciated, cheers Jim
    Last edited by woodcock23; 01-25-2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling

  10. #10
    Member Spyware Fighter DonnaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illiana, Ill. USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Points
    491

    Default

    Hi Jim,

    After MrDarn had posted, I felt that he may be right. Sometimes the guys do know more about connecting accessories. I did hope he was right, because I wasn't sure if you had a stereo system or not, and I sure was worried that you would have to go out and buy one adding another unexpected expense to an already tight budget.

    And yes, keep us informed on how you get on!

    Nice TV by the way.
    Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

    Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"



    "People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast