Default PC line PCL 3000 Scanner

Hello old friends
    I tried to use the Fax on my scanner and a box came up with "The modem is not installed" can you please tell me what this is please, cheers. Jim

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Jim, it's good to see you. The fax is looking for the modem which your PC may or may not have. Go to Control Panel and look for modem, if there double click and let us know what it says. You'll also need to be connected to the telephone line, as faxing to other faxes is by phone line. Can you give us the exact model of the scanner, I can't find anything under PCL 3000, only driver downloads .. who makes it, PCI?

Hello Canuck
    Nice to hear from you again
    All it has on the installation disc and on the Scanner itself is PC line and PCL 3000 and "Made in China"
    I looked but I have no modems installed in Control Panel and I have no phone line connected to the Scanner so it will have to be the telephone or email thanks very much for your help and time. Cheers Jim

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Always a pleasure Jim. Hope you are keeping well

I am keeping well Canuck. I am in a nice retirement flat the area is surrounded by huge Cedars and is very silent regards Jim.