Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What happened in the year you were born?

Interesting concept, but rather slow. It at least gives you time to read it!

What happened in my birth year?

Unfortunately for some of us, it's very US-based.

Remember, that was before there were DVDs. Heck, even before there was VHS. People were indeed watching movies in the cinema, and not downloading them online. Imagine the packed seats, the laughter, the excitement, the novelty. And mostly all of that without 3D computer effects.
    Am I old or what!

Very interesting!

There was no Google yet. Or Yahoo. Or Help2go, for that matter. (I thought that was cool!) arraknid? Did you put that there?

Also, The state of emergency is lifted in Kenya, officially ending the Mau Mau Uprising. A major insurrection occurs in Algiers against French colonial policy.

Joanne Woodward receives the first star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

The United States launches the first weather satellite, TIROS-1.

The Kenyan African National Congress Party is founded in Kenya, when 3 political parties join forces.

The newly named Beatles begin a 48-night residency at the Indra Club in Hamburg, West Germany.

In the 1960's, many countries gained independence from their colonial rulers. Several governments turned to the left.

In Britain, the Labour Party gains power.

The Beatles, Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones play their music.

The US and Soviet Union come close to a military confrontation during the Cuba missile crisis.

Man lands on the moon during the Apollo 11 mission of the United States.

The first heart transplantation occurs. The first computer game, Spacewar, is created. And the Laser was invented.

The world is a different place.

What path have you taken?

I took the path that led me to the future and beyond!

Oh! And my favorite comedian, George Carlin, turned 23 on the day that I was born!
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"