Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love Hurts

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Love Hurts

At the beginning of the year I got an email from a friend in the UK who works as a sound engineer in a recording studio. He was raving about a couple of guys who were recording their first album. This is pretty normal behaviour for him, so I took only a passing interest.

Further emails told me of singles that were being released, and I have to admit I was very interested. Subsequently, those singles found their way onto YouTube, but not into the UK charts, though the rest of Europe had more taste!

This week, I received a gratis copy of the album and I haven't stopped paying it since! It is absolutely amazing. Very melodic and powerful lyrics. And Kylie Minogue sings on one of the tracks, so they are certainly respected within the music industry.

The band are called Hurts and the album is called Happiness.

It's only available on import in the US, but can be downloaded from I-Tunes.

YouTube singles in order of release...

YouTube - HURTS - Better Than Love

YouTube - HURTS - Wonderful Life

Official website...

Hurts: The official Hurts website: news, live dates, music, video, lyrics, photos and more.

The world will be raving about these guys within a year, so check out the links.

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by arraknid; 09-12-2010 at 06:31 AM.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Sounds great .. I like Wonderful life best, but the other's good too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Sounds great .. I like Wonderful life best, but the other's good too.
    Must be the mention of the 'a bridge across the Severn' in the first line making you feel nostalgic.

Oooo! Candy for ears! I like it. Love the Better Than Love video. Then again I love Ballet. That's the kind of beat that I like to Choreograph!

My first thoughts....Depeche Mode. Which I love also!

Looks like I'll be looking for the import to add to my already enormous collection.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Blog Entries

My first thoughts....Depeche Mode. Which I love also!
    As someone on YT described them, a cross between Depeche Mode and A-Ha, which is pretty close, but with 2010 production techniques. Anything electronic with lots of melody, works for me.

A-Ha
    That's it! Just couldn't quite put my finger on it!

I love the video for Take on Me

Technotronics is another that works for me! Vocals or not! If it has good melody...I'm a dancing fool! lol!

By the way, when I first saw Love Hurts, I thought of Nazareth! Now I have that song dancing in my head!
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Blog Entries

Technotronics is another that works for me!
    One of the few things Belgium is famous for, and also when Disco turned into something better and more enduring.

also when Disco turned into something better and more enduring.
    Boy! You can say that again! Disco was just a little too funky for me! I never was one to go with the flow.

Blog Entries

Slightly off-topic..... remember the recent hissy-fit that Lou Reed had over SuBo singing A Perfect Day on AGT because he 'couldn't stand the woman'? Well, the recorded version has leaked out. See here...

Susan Boyle’s Cover Of Lou Reed’s “Perfect Day”

Maybe he has so much money, he doesn't want the royalties! Well, there's always a charity that would take them off his hands!

Oh my! I forgot about that! What did he do, give in to the criticism he received and allow her to record it? Or does he not own the rights to that song? Decided that (just as the song states) that he may reap what he sows! I thought she did a beautiful job on the vocals. I have never been too particular to remakes but I also liked the version that the BBC put out with the Various Artists for Charity. He ought to be glad that Weird Al Yankovich didn't want to piece it apart and make a joke out of it!

Perfect Day is a song that should go down in history just as Let it Be, Bohemian Rhapsody, Stairway to Heaven, Imagine and Layla by Derek & the Dominos just to name a few.

And to get back onto the subject at hand... I liked this song here by Hurts ---> Stay though I've always been one to dwell on emotionally dramatic tunes that reflect upon the feelings towards others.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast