Default Xmarks will be shutting down

Sadly, Xmarks will be shutting down our free browser synchronization service on January 10, 2011.This page contains details on how to transition to recommended alternative services. For more detail on why we're closing our doors.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I read their blog and find it amazing that with 2 million users, they can't make it pay. Even charging just $1 a year would generate $2million, though $5 would be acceptable. Even with only 50% take up, that amounts to $5 million.

We built a team, including front-end and back-end developers, customer support, search, product management, and a VP of Engineering to manage them all.
    There's a distinct lack of Sales and Marketing personnel in that list, which is primarily technical staff. I think maybe they went down the wrong road, trying to maintain a free service, when adopting the low-cost option would have been more lucrative. As they discovered, running any free service these days needs a cash generator within the organisation to keep the wolves away.

It's surprising too, that they couldn't find a buyer. Very strange. Maybe they were talking to more techies! I wonder how much they want for the business?

It's surprising too, that they couldn't find a buyer.
    LastPass Acquires Xmarks!

Xmarks Blog LastPass Acquires Xmarks!