Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool PICTURE without background

hello,
    can somebody help me here or direct me to the right website to get an answer to what's bothering me?

I need somebody show me how to insert a picture into a word or any document without the background of the picture
    a) showing under the words or covering the words.(just the image alone can be seen)
    what program or application can i use to do that? can any of the Microsoft programs do that?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi Tatansta,
    This can get a bit complicated, but let's start with a few questions.
    Have you got a Graphic program already?
    Can you Post the picture or send to me? (note by Canuck: we do not answer by e-mail, in addition, putting e-mail address on a public site is asking for spam)
    I can then suggest the best method to do the job.
    Last edited by Canuck; 10-21-2010 at 11:00 PM.

I don't have a copy of word anymore, but i seem to remember this being quite simple, if i understand what it is your trying to do.

The way i do it is this:

Write an initial paragraph, if you want it to appear above the picture.

Select "Insert" from the top of the Word Window (on the line with "File" "Edit" "View" etc), then choose "Picture" from the drop down list, then "From File". Locate the picture to insert, then choose "Insert".

Once inserted, grab the corner of the picture and click-drag it to resize to the correct size.

Left-click the picture to select it, then right-click the picture. Select "Wrap" from the menu that appears, then the relevant selection.

This "Should" create a space to type in the relevant areas around the picture.

Let me know if you have any problems, and i'll try to explain in more detail.

I know for a fact it works like this in the Free, OpenOffice writer program, which is alot like Microsoft's Word.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Default Thanks but not up to;

Hello Mr Darn,
    That's cool. I appreciated your response but it's not up to my problem.
    What i was trying to put across is this; I have a picture with red background and i want to insert it into a word document without the red background of the picture showing behind or in the text. i tried to use the brightness and contrast feature located under format but couldn't get a a good result.
    Can adobe photoshop 7 or the latest do that?

Your response again is well appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDarn View Post
    I don't have a copy of word anymore, but i seem to remember this being quite simple, if i understand what it is your trying to do.

The way i do it is this:

Write an initial paragraph, if you want it to appear above the picture.

Select "Insert" from the top of the Word Window (on the line with "File" "Edit" "View" etc), then choose "Picture" from the drop down list, then "From File". Locate the picture to insert, then choose "Insert".

Once inserted, grab the corner of the picture and click-drag it to resize to the correct size.

Left-click the picture to select it, then right-click the picture. Select "Wrap" from the menu that appears, then the relevant selection.

This "Should" create a space to type in the relevant areas around the picture.

Let me know if you have any problems, and i'll try to explain in more detail.

I know for a fact it works like this in the Free, OpenOffice writer program, which is alot like Microsoft's Word.

Hello russco32,
    That's cool. I appreciated your response but. what graphic program are u talking about? I don't have any graphic program. i just have Microsoft office 2007.
    What i was trying to put across is this; I have a picture with red background and i want to insert it into a word document without the red background of the picture showing behind or in the text.Just my image alone. i have tried to use the brightness and contrast features located under format on Microsoft word but couldn't get a a good result.
    Can adobe photoshop 7 or the latest do that?

Your response again is well appreciated.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are many ways of removing backgrounds in Photoshop. This lists tutorials for the simplest...

Tools and Techniques for Removing Backgrounds with Photoshop

You'll also need to save the image in a format that supports transparency - .gif or .png. The .jpg format doesn't support transparency, so backgrounds will still show as white.

There's a good tutorial here YouTube - How To Remove Backgrounds In Photoshop that explains how to remove the background from a picture using Photoshop.
    If you don't have photoshop, it can be done with almost any (incl. free) graphic program using the Losso tool.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by russco32 View Post
    There's a good tutorial here YouTube - How To Remove Backgrounds In Photoshop that explains how to remove the background from a picture using Photoshop.
    If you don't have photoshop, it can be done with almost any (incl. free) graphic program using the Losso tool.
    Whoever created that tutorial knows very little about Photoshop, particularly the Extract option. Made me smile though.

It looked good to me, but I've never used Photoshop so I probably shouldn't have recommended it.

Default Thanks so much

Hi arraknid,
    Thank you so much for your help.I don't have the photoshop program yet.
    Hoping to get one soon to try out what i learnt from the tutorials recommended.
    i got more than expected and may God bless you and your team.Take care and hope we keep in touch.
    Cherriooooooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arraknid View Post
    There are many ways of removing backgrounds in Photoshop. This lists tutorials for the simplest...

Tools and Techniques for Removing Backgrounds with Photoshop

You'll also need to save the image in a format that supports transparency - .gif or .png. The .jpg format doesn't support transparency, so backgrounds will still show as white.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast