Default wireless routers

can anyone make a suggestion for a brand new hp mini that will be on a frontier communications dsl?

Mom's getting mini for Christmas. Dsl modem is upstairs and she'll be using mini downstairs. She'll really only be using mini for surfing the net. She has no other wireless electronics in the house (except for cordless phones - read sometimes they interfere).

I spoke with cisco and they recommended their E1000, but want to check here with everyone first.

Thanks
    Kathy

The E1000

Very average performance.

One review,

I purchased the Linksys 1000 yesterday and love it! It was VERY easy to install, plus it looks stylish without the antennae of the old routers. The one thing to kind of watch for, though, is setting up laptops to work with the router...there is a very hard-to-see button on top of the router; this has to be pressed for each laptop before they could function wirelessly; however, the program itself prompted me to push this button, so it wasn't a huge deal. We got the router on sale, which made it an even better deal! We live a in a 2-story, almost 3000 square foot home, and have no problems with dead zones anywhere in the house - upstairs or down (the router is upstairs). I would recommend this router to others without hesitation!"
    And
    The Cisco Linksys E1000 Wireless-N Router is neither truly impressive nor a complete dud. It's not great for large spaces and, of course, no Ethernet Gigabit means slower connectivity with newer wired devices such as NAS drives. If you want a very basic, cheap router for getting a single computer online in your small home or apartment, it's fine. You'll get decent performance browsing the Web. Just don't pay more than $60.00. If you can swing the extra money (about $70 more, list), you'll get far better results with the Cisco Valet Plus, our current Editors' Choice for home routers.
    Above quote from here Cisco Linksys E1000 Wireless-N Router Review & Rating | PCMag.com

any better router out there?

I think getting the next model up from the The E1000 would be the better choice.

Thank you appreciate the input