Default Testimonials Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    It is really great to get such positive feedback from our members ... thank you ...
    Speaking of positive feedback, i see alot of forums have a "What people say" page, to inspire its members to "keep up the good work" so to speak.

Do we have a thread here where we could copy/paste nice comments to keep the community going?

For instance, i got this today:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah0111 View Post
    OH MY GOD!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!! It's back on!!!
    Which put a smile on my face!

Anywhere we can post these to inspire others?
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

There's a testimonial page Help2Go - free computer help and advice - Testimonials but nothing like what you describe. Let's get feed back from other members to see if something like this would be wanted.

Ode to Joy!

To share with the world how happy we make others! What a wonderful idea!

I, too, have had a few very nice comments from those that I've helped to solve their issues and that reminds me why I stayed on here at Help2Go after finding this wonderful site from a search for help myself before I knew what google was! And oh how much fun it is to learn and give back to others in return! There just aren't enough words to express my gratefulness to the members here.

As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for MrDarn, I wouldn't have known what google was and how it would affect my life! Thanks MrD! You opened up a whole new world for me!
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Surely there's a danger that such a thread would lead to an orgy of self-congratulation? Perhaps a little strong, but personally I think this thread is good enough, along with the points system.

It would be interesting to know how many have viewed that page, not many I suspect.

If it's just a page to boost the egos of members, well, that's not my reason for being here.

Hm, seeing it from your perspective that does sound self indulging.

And you're right arraknid, I'm not here for the glory of a good ego boost or the "brownie points" either for that matter.

The comments above from poor00paddy, mloo55, and cemaliya, that's what I like to see and gives me great pride to be a part of Help2Go.

I noticed that every time we post in this thread it adds to the comments in the article on the home page that is linked to. Can that be changed? Discussions on this topic just don't fit in with testimonials.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

I agree, perhaps not such a good idea after all.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by arraknid View Post
    personally I think this thread is good enough, along with the points system.

I agree.
    Today is the dawn of another error ...

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.4GHz;
    RAM 8.0 GB;
    Windows 7 Home Prem SP1 64 bit
    Firefox; IE11

Osc
    Administrator Help2Go Administrator Osc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi all,

I moved this to a new thread here.
    If you do get a hearty congratulations, please do share it with me. I love seeing them, and particularly great ones can be added to the Testimonials page.

Osc
    Oscar Sodani
    Help2Go Administrator
    4 ways to thank Help2Go

Blog Entries

I contribute very little to H2G but log in every day as I am interested in all aspects of computing. I think appreciation oils the wheels. The people on this site share their knowledge and experience freely. Although I am not in a position to offer such a degree of help, I can still see the smile on my neighbour's daughter's face when I restored her laptop which had picked up a nasty virus. I felt great. The best advertisement is satisfied customers. I also think that seeing their thanks displayed will encourage people to feel part of the organisation. Not everyone says thank you so let's be glad when they do.
    A little help is worth a ton of sympathy.

Dell Inspiron
    Windows 10
    Edge