Default FedEx and UPS virus emails

WARNING

The FedEx and UPS virus emails are circulating again!

If you receive an e-mail from FedEx or UPS..DO NOT open the .zip attachment. It is a VIRUS.

A few weeks ago I received an e-mail from UPS that included an attachment. I deleted it. Just today I received not 1 but 2 e-mails from FedEx that included a zip file.

The image below is what I received.

Here's a link that will explain.
    UNA Computer Services: CAUTIONARY Notice: FedEx and UPS virus emails

Also:
    NEVER open an attachment you are not specifically expecting.

If a shipping company is going to send you a tracking number, they do not create a zip file--they put it in the email.

Always think before you click!
    I found the quoted info above at the Warrior Forum that was posted March 15th, 2011 concerning the same type e-mail I received.

E-mail messages that are related to this threat:
    Alert Details - Security Center - Cisco Systems
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

They're still coming fast and furiously! I received 4 more yesterday. 2 from FedEx, 1 from UPS and DHL another today from UPS.

Time to get a new e-mail provider.

If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

And this time i hope you'll be more careful who you give it too!

They had to get your email from somewhere, any idea where?
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

I have my suspicions. Yet I don't want to point fingers not knowing for certain. I do have one friend who stated the last time that I spoke with her that her machine was going wacko just after I sent her a message that I was getting bad e-mails from her. Shortly after, she dropped out of site.

Guess I better call her to see if she's ok or if her machine is unbootable and if that is why I no longer get e-mails from her.

Just an update! Please note that the IRS emails with attachments are also infected as well as McDonald's emails offering Free Dinner Day's.

New IRS Spam Carries Infected PDFs Hidden Inside DOC Files

McDonald's 'Free Dinner Day' Malware Email

Virus Warning/ UPS/Fed Ex Service <-- Former thread as posted by Abseh1

ROFL!!!

I was just notified that I got a speeding ticket in NEW YORK via spam e-mail!!

'Uniform Traffic Ticket' Malware Email

Funny thing is...........................I've never been there!

Just had to share my delight!!

Bejesus! i'm lucky if i receive 3 spam emails a WEEK!

Touch wood, i've never had a virus via email that has caught me out. Several of my friends regularly get caught out with the "i found this old picture of us two and thought i'd put it on Facebook, is that ok [Link]" one, which they instantly click on without thinking.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

I know I had mentioned earlier that I was going to get rid of that email acct. Then I thought, HEY!, I may never have this chance again to collect so many infected emails that I could use to infect a test computer and experiment with. So I created a folder in Yahoo and called it CDC (Center for Disease Control) LOL!!!

Several of my friends regularly get caught out with the "i found this old picture of us two and thought i'd put it on Facebook, is that ok [Link]" one, which they instantly click on without thinking.
    ROFL! My sister did that not long ago! Geesh! Have I taught her nothing! And my Mother! I'm quite sure she would definitely click for a free meal at McDonalds!!! MrDarn, Someday I'll tell you the story about how she allowed her brand spanking new computer's 30 free trial of Norton to run out and went facebook surfing! Hm.....I think I was adopted.

Starting to wonder if I really need that CDC folder since the members of my family are so click happy! I could get rich from them.