Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Own a Mac...get an Antivrus!

Time to get protection, the hackers are after you.

Apple Macs now seen as a 'soft target' for spreading viruses | Mail Online

You know arraknid, that is the one debate that I have followed and studied since I found out that there is Antivirus Software for Mac's! Now why, I asked myself, would you need an AV Software for an OS that is debated to be impenetrable by a virus!?!?

Then I found this link concerning the OSX/Leap-A worm.

Some owners of Mac computers have held the belief that Mac OS X is incapable of harboring computer viruses, but Leap-A will leave them shellshocked.
    Also, since I don't own a Mac, I never knew that they had a built in Firewall! Now why, (as I asked myself above) do they need a Firewall if they are not vulnerable to infection!?!?

Firewalls are must-have protection, regardless of the operating system or hardware you choose. All versions of Mac OS X include a built-in firewall, but you will need to enable it or make a few tweaks for optimum security.
    How to Configure the Mac OS X Firewall

Here's more proof that Mac's are no more secure than Windows OS's!

Mac Antivirus & FAQs

Just like the Titanic! The Mac is sinkable!
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Blog Entries

Mac users think they are safe and OSX is impregnable. It isn't! Actually, it's never been worth writing a virus because the fall out would be quite small when compared to Windows. Seems things have changed.

Actually, it's never been worth writing a virus because the fall out would be quite small when compared to Windows.
    And that is why they target Windows ....... It's all about the money! cha ching!
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Time for Apple to wake up and face the facts!!!!

Introducing the BleepingComputer Mac Rogue Remover Tool

Over the last month or so, Mac rogues have started to be released into the wild from the same developer as the FakeRean Windows rogue. These rogues, regardless of what may be said by Apple and its employees, have been successful. With our Mac rogue removal guides having an aggregate total of over 100,000 views and my receiving many emails from people thanking me for our guides, but stating they fell for the scam and purchased the program, we can be assured that the malware developers are making plenty of money from these programs. The purpose of these Mac rogues is to make money and if the developers are making it, we can be assured that they will continue to release new versions of these rogues that are trickier to install or remove.

This can be seen in the latest Mac rogue called Mac Guard. Previously, when this family of rogues was installed on your Mac you had to enter your password for the application to be installed. Mac Guard introduced a new technique that does not require your password to be entered if you are running an Administrator account. As you can see, the malware developers are already introducing new techniques to make it easier for their programs to be installed. I expect as time goes on, these developers will introduce new techniques that will make removing these programs harder to do.

Blog Entries

One thing about Windows is the fact that, over the years, the hackers have found all of the weaknesses, which culminated in Windows 7 being much more secure than any other Microsoft product. Maybe another reason why the hackers are tuning their attention to OSX. Fresh ground!