Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default AGT finds another star

Just watched America's Got Talent and saw Anna Graceman. Amazing! A star for sure.

She has a YouTube channel YouTube - ‪AnnaGraceMusic's Channel‬‏

sigh.............................day dreaming

Thanks for sharing arraknid. The baby grand in this video took me back to a time when my mother used to play for me. I love that song! Reminds me of a poem I wrote oh so many years ago in my early teens that I had titled Complicated Dreams. Wished I still had the script but it was lost in a fire. Would have made for a great song.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Blog Entries

I've got lots of songs - part and complete, but no singer!!!! I never throw anything away. It's amazing how you can pull one out after a year or two, and it starts the creative juices going again.

I once composed 12 pieces of music on an Acorn computer with just half a megabyte of memory (yes, you read it right!) and stored them on 5" floppies (many years ago!!). I took them out about a year ago and planned to copy them to the PC, but the oxide coating had deteriorated and were totally unreadable. So, the only record I have of a years work is the memory. Ah well.
    Last edited by arraknid; 06-25-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Hey arraknid? Do you still have those floppies? I came across a program a while back whilst researching about unreadable floppies. Not sure it will work if you still have them, but hey, if a team of forensic scientists can retrieve info on a HD that has been destroyed there has to be a way to at least try to fix it. I know very little about oxide coating and floppies, so you'll have to pardon my ignorance if this is a hapless attempt at looking for a way to help save your memories.

Check this out:

ResQfloppy

I never throw anything away.
    LOL! Me either! I came across my days of yore "memory box" (only box that wasn't destroyed by fire) the other day and found the stub of the ticket for my very first concert. I was 15 when I went to see Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackoak Arkansas, Montrose, and Foghat at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. Even found the stub to Paul McCartney and Wings and quite a few others. (that concert was a present from a friend on my 16th birthday) I vividly remember Linda on stage being barefoot. What a concert!

Ah.....the memories that are contained in that box. My very own time machine to the past.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Blog Entries

No, these were the old, original floppy disks that were a flexible plastic disk inside a sleeve, and the disk was coated in magnetic material similar to that on reel-to-reel tape. Over time (20 years!) the disk stuck to the sleeve and once the coating was damaged, so was the data. Over 3 months, I tried many ways to recover the data without success, and eventually threw them on the fire to stop any further waste of my time.

Talking of concerts, Glastonbury is on at the moment. U2 were the first major act on and they were brilliant. The Edge can play that guitar like no other! Tonight it's Coldplay and Beyonce is tomorrow. They are just the headliners, just check out the hunderds of others...

Glastonbury Festivals - 2011 line-up times

Where else would you find a line-up like that? Most will be on YouTube.

EDIT... It sounds like I went! No such luck, it's all broadcast by the BBC in HD and Dolby.

Blog Entries

Writing songs is like writing poetry for me. Neither ever seem good enough and i am forever comparing myself unfavourably with the all time great writers and composers. Confidence is a fragile platform.
    A little help is worth a ton of sympathy.

Dell Inspiron
    Windows 10
    Edge

Writing songs is like writing poetry for me.
    For me, T. S. Eliot couldn't have said it better!

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotion know what it means to want to escape from these things.
    I spent 3 days going over the Line Up for the Glastonbury Festival and I'm still clicking links to check them all out. WOW! What a line up of entertainers! And I thought the MoonDance Jam was something special that is held yearly in Walker, MN.

U2......oh how I love The Edge. You're right arraknid, his ability to play the guitar brings tears to your eyes.

Um.....I thought Bono passed away due to the result of some type of accident!?!? Where did that thought come from. All the Bio's I found said he was alive and well still living in Dublin. Well, except for this one here that said, "Bono died on July 18th, 2001 on the Xactra colony of Mars, defending the inhabitants of the colony from a horde of Glen Beck drones." and was resurrected on On April 20th, 2009! ROFL! Boy! The things you find on the net!

Blog Entries

RDL, if you listen to current pop songs, very few of the words make sense. It's more the overall sound that makes a hit these days. That's not to say that a good, well-written song is out of fashion, but they are generally ballads where you can actually hear the words. Adele is a good example.

Donna, it's better than being the ex-husband of Cher!!

Um.....I thought Bono passed away due to the result of some type of accident!?!? Where did that thought come from.
    I figured it out. Not Bono but Hutchence of INXS. Wrong group. My bad.......

Donna, it's better than being the ex-husband of Cher!!
    I wonder if he ever looked back on life wondering...what the (bleep) was I thinking? If not for Sonny, she'd be a nobody.