Default Apple PCs' & Laptops

Hello!
    Although I do not own Apple PCs' or Laptops, I was recently told that they do not need anti-virus software or any other system programs such as SuperAntiSpyware or CCleaner. Is this true? I did see that Pilform released a version of CCleaner for Macs so I wanted to get the correct answer(s) from one or more of you.

I do have an iPhone but not by choice. I have wondered often what browsing the web does to it. Clearing history, cache and cookies can't possibly be enough.

Good day to all of you!

It's true - Mac viruses really do exist, although fewer viruses target the Mac OS compared to Windows. In addition, there are cross-platform threats that can impact Mac users. Though the risk of cross-platform threats is relatively small, it's a risk that is on the increase as attackers move to Java and other third-party software exploits.
    Information from:
    The Best Mac Antivirus Software

The Free Anti-Virus Solution for Mac OS X
    ClamXav is a free virus scanner for Mac OS X. It uses the very popular ClamAV open source antivirus engine as a back end and has the ability to detect both Windows and Mac threats.
    ClamXav

Others may address your other questions too!

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Zep!

You're welcome