Blog Entries

Default Windows 9 – First Thoughts

Windows 9 – First Thoughts
    October 29th

What you say, Windows 9 when Windows 8 has just been released.

First, I don't think Windows 9 should be Microsoft's top priority, at least not yet. Service Pack 2 for Windows 7 is long overdue and this time lets hope they include fixes for outstanding bugs that have been around since Windows 7 was first released. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to include SP2 as part of a “Retail” purchase of the product.

Second I would work on a Second Edition of Windows 8 that includes a “Real” start button that emulates the Windows 7 desktop. It shouldn't take all that long to implement since it was a hidden feature in one of the early preview releases. They could provide the user an option to turn on or off the Windows 7 style desktop during or after the install. This gives Microsoft a second chance in recouping the chances that traditional Desktop or Laptop users (or Corporate IT departments) would upgrade to Windows 8.

Finally I would Work on Windows 9 basing its design on the lessons learned from Windows 8 acceptance or rejection by the market place.

How long will it be before Windows 9 is released?

About 4 years or less depending on the success or failure or Windows 8 !

Credits and quotes... Page Start.com
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Would agree, but this how I look every 2nd version of Microsoft OS come out it just nod good.
    Microsoft need go by Ubunutu example, but no unity menu options (menu bars like apple).
    I wish all developers would use one click button (icon) then would show all programs and options, click button back, Desktop gain clean and fresh.
    XP -good
    vista - bad
    windows 7- good
    windows 8 - BAD
    windows 9 - hopefully good

No windows no problem
    Information is to share not just erase and burn

Switching from Windows to Linux same as starting from 1 grade all the why to the 12 grade.
    LINUX LOVER

Blog Entries

I have had Win 8 since it became available....simple answer so far...it is better than Win 7 and I thought Win 7 was the best until Win 8

There is a stronger learning curve but that is the purpose of having an upgraded OS

I realize it is early but so far so good....I boot up in in 15 seconds ready to go, all is stable immediately...no waiting for the desktop to stabilize etc
    (Win 8 stores the drivers and program/apps separately in a different area...no need to individually load all the startup items each time @ boot)

There is a log on screen...that Win 8 allowed me to change to a 4 digit pin #....it saves your password, if you have a pin number
    (That pin means I stay logged into Windows Live and Win 8 with my password...but use the pin to speed things up @ log on....my password is longer and more secure but no need to use it, just to log on thus, the pin ...clear as mud..huh)

A few keyboard short cuts and a good mouse that has tilting scroll knob to add Win 8 custom commands and away you go
    I use left tilt to bring up (toggle) Metro-Start/and the old Win Desktop and a right tilt to bring up the shutdown menu
    (not really necessary but if the mouse has added features I recommend adding commands of your choice)

I moved the File Explorer Folder to the old Win 7 Start Button area and use it to navigate on the computer

If you want CClearner just type C at the metro Start panel desktop and it will be there with several other programs that start with C...computer etc...the f key brings up Firefox etc...you get the idea...really nice

In summary: I like Win 8 a lot so far (admittedly it is early)

BTW: I recommend a clean install and not the upgrade install
    The people having problems are mostly the ones who installed and tried to keep the old data...best to backup the data and use windows transfer....it will make your desktop look like your old win 7 desktop...it even kept my desktop background...which was plain black anyway
    Last edited by abseh1; 11-07-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer