Thread: Tablet issues

Default Tablet issues

Hi, I'm assuming (and hoping) this is the right place to ask (the 'anything & everything' forum)? My step-daughter advises me that her tablet has become 'stuck' on the 'android', she can't turn it off or on. Are you able to advise me how I can free it for her? Sorry, I'm not familiar with tablets (other than the ones you swallow)!!!!!!!!! Please could you help? I've no idea what the specifications are, sorry.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Some of them have a restart 'point'. Look for a hole, the size for a pin/paperclip to be inserted. Insert paperclip and press down firmly but not too hard. This will hopefully reset it, not sure if it resets to factory settings or not though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post:

Hi Canuck, found the hole (size for a pin), stuck a pin of sorts in the hole, tried several times one way or the other but not too hard as you advised, but nothing has changed. I have the 'android' symbol (word) on screen but thats all I'm getting. Any other ideas please?

Hi, I'm not too up on these pads, even though I have one!! How old is it and what make and model? We might be able to hunt some how-tos on the net.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post:

Hi Canuck, I'm not sure of make & model but I really thank you for the support. I'll try & do a search on the net first to save taking up your valuable time, once again you guy's at 'Help2go' have more than proved your value, thank you so much.

Hi Number7,

I don't have a tablet and know very little about them, though I googled Tablet stuck on Android screen and found that is the loading screen. In the links I found the My tablet is stuck and will not boot. What can I do ? link that explains how to access factory image. Not sure if this will help, though thought I'd share the link just in case.

Let us know how you fix this, if you do. It might help someone else! Hm...???? Might even help Canuck if his ever gets stuck at the load screen!

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DonnaB For This Useful Post:

Here's another informative link.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DonnaB For This Useful Post:

Hi jaxonocolman, I think that question is addressed in post # 5. He doesn't have the tablet in question, and that it wasn't available to him. Thanks for your interest though.