Default Non-computer based question

Hi, sorry if I'm asking a really stupid question...but...can I ask something, or get advice on something here other than computer related please? I really need some advice on something electrical/remote control related, am I in the right place & can I get advice here? Thank you.

Hi Bcohariz. Of course you can! If someone here doesn't have the answer I'm sure that we can put our heads together and guide you in the right direction to find the answer.

As a matter of fact, one of our members here has a tremendous amount of knowledge concerning electrical stuff. Go ahead and ask your question and I will make sure he sees this thread.

If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Hi, sorry for the very, very late reply. And thank you for offering to help. Please allow me to explain.....my step-son (who is 20) and has the attitude the size of a house brick has a very bad habit of playing on his Xbox, and music late at night, like...way past 11pm late at night!! We've told him & nagged him to lower the tone....and we've told him & nagged him (I think you get the picture)....bless him....... Eventually he turns the sound down.....eventually. I've even cut the power to make a point....that really pleased him!!!! Is there any kind of remote control unit out there somewhere that can remotely isolate the power of a particular gadget (thus cutting it off) whereby I alone have the control? I need something that I can use, something he won't be able to immediately detect, and something whereby I control & command his cut off point? I know this sounds ridiculous & pathetic. And this battle (sorry...issue) isn't a regular thorn in the flesh (thank goodness), but I just need something whereby I maintain the upper hand. Any ideas please (other than caving in his head with a hammer.........only joking)!!!!!!!

this sounds ridiculous & pathetic.

You could sound proof the room

I don't know of any way you could remotely control the XBOX or any other equipment. You did what I would have done and that was to shut the power off, oh wait I would have started yelling first, it's a knee jerk reaction I have and never resolves anything, but most often creates additional stress / problems... Learning as we go

Joe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Thank you for your time & effort in responding. Sound-proofing the room is not an option. Yelling achieves nothing. I guess time will hopefully teach this boy some consideration. And....."ridiculous & pathetic"......for who? But thank you again for your time.

"ridiculous & pathetic"......for who

I was quoting what you had said, and thought it was funny.....

Wish I had a better answer for you.

Thanks
    Joe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Hi 'Joe'....please accept my sincere & respectful apologies. I understand you have no better answer for me & I appreciate that you've done your best. Sorry (again), maybe I need a personality transplant?!!! I'm just an old fart really, at least....that's what my wife calls me. Thank you again anyway, appreciate your response, effort, and patience.

Chris

Hello Chris,

No apologies needed, no harm done...

Joe