Default PS3 Gaming Console / Game

Hello,
    I have started to play Destiny and I can't hear one of my friends. I've tried every configuration, wireless headset & a bluetooth headset and hear nothing but the game itself. What I haven't tried is a manual set to a NAT Type 1. IS THIS SAFE? I am not on a wi-fi connection, I am wired directly to my modem and there is no router. The modem is the router.
    I know there are some issues with this game and hearing friends, and we are on the same Fireteam.

My apologies if game based questions are not for Help2Go but I had to try. I only trust you guys.

Hello turquoise122,

I believe there is a patch in the works for the issue you describe.

Is This any help ?

Joe

Thank you so much for replying. It didn't help though. But I really appreciate it. Something is just off somewhere. I can hear someone else in the "Fireteam" but not the one that matters. Someone speculated that it is because it is a digital download. So what about the NAT Type? Just leave that alone or try to change to a Type 1?

So what about the NAT Type? Just leave that alone or try to change to a Type 1?

NAT Type 1 (Open) – You are either NOT behind a router/firewall OR you have already DMZ enabled. You shouldn’t run into any issues whilst gaming, but this may cause security issues.
    NAT Type 2 (Moderate) -Your PS3/PS4 is connected properly and you shouldn’t run into any issues.
    NAT Type 3 (Strict) – You may be able to connect to the PSN and perform downloads/updates other functions may not work as intended.

I can't recommend NAT Type 1, because it may cause security issues.

Thanks
    Joe