Thread: Windows 10?

Default Windows 10?

Hi, please could you advise? I'm currently running Windows 8.1 on my system, I'm getting continuous messages that invite/encourage me to update my system to Windows 10. Silly question but, is this recommended, is it advisable, is it in my best interests to upgrade? I have no real performance issues with Windows 8.1 & the only thing that happens occasionally is that Internet Explorer will stop working & the online experience will shut down, and I have to reopen it. Given the odd times that this happens, I can live with it albeit its frustrating sometimes. Would upgrading to Windows 10 fix this issue or am I just as well to stay with Windows 8.1? Any opinions, advice, or direction please?

Hello,

Up -grading to Windows 10 will not necessarily fix issues and may cause additional issues. In my opinion if your Windows 8.1 is working correctly I would hold off on Windows 10 as it still appears to be a work in progress.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Iamattam View Post
    Hi, please could you advise? I'm currently running Windows 8.1 on my system, I'm getting continuous messages that invite/encourage me to update my system to Windows 10. Silly question but, is this recommended, is it advisable, is it in my best interests to upgrade? I have no real performance issues with Windows 8.1 & the only thing that happens occasionally is that Internet Explorer will stop working & the online experience will shut down, and I have to reopen it. Given the odd times that this happens, I can live with it albeit its frustrating sometimes. Would upgrading to Windows 10 fix this issue or am I just as well to stay with Windows 8.1? Any opinions, advice, or direction please?
    I was also getting this message and I upgraded my OS to 10. There is no major differences between this two