Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help2Go Anonymous

Hi, my name is Mich and I have been a Help2Go junkie for...not sure how long since Osc rebuilt and I lost my 'member since' date :wink:

Anyways welcome to the we can gab about anything board!

So what's everyone else do when not reading this forum? I read like a fiend, work in an architect office, help run another pc site, and live on a book forum dedicated to an author (George R.R. Martin) Yes I know its shameless plugging but hey why not?
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Mich the Moderator. Has a nice ring to it .
    Congrats.
    Now to think up some absolutely ridiculous subjects like "I really Love Windows" OR "Why doesn't linux charge so all is equal"
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

I've been looking in here for a while every now and again as an anonymous user just reading all the good advice. Since I had something to say in the 'spell check' thread I thought the time had come to register. So I've been a member here for ages ...well around a week anyway!

I have a few interests. The primary one is mountain biking. We have some good off-road challenges near us and I go out to face them 3 times a week, providing it isn't pouring with rain.

The '44' part of my screen name is my year of birth (honest if nothing else!) but I can still outride my 13 year old grandson. I guess he'll get me one day.

I was a TV - video recorder engineer for 33 years but had to give up the job some years back to look after Mrs mart44. She got hit by a car and ended up disabled. I still keep an interest in electronics though.

If you look in my profile you'll find a link to my website. It has loads of pages and took me ages to construct. It shows all the other things I dabble in and will save me alot of witing* here

*EDIT* I suppose it isn't much good having a spell checker unless you have it running to correct glaring spelling mistakes like 'witing' :lol:

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi, my name's Canuck (Glyn) and I've been a member since this past May of 2003. My interests are Genealogy (traced my maternal side back to the 1650's in Sussex, England & 1700's in Rutland - the Internet has opened a whole new world for research), I enjoy making wine, my specialty is Mead, my wife & I do stained glass projects and I love my computer.

I'm retired but still have two school age children (15 & 18 ) I married their mom and adopted them just over 6 years ago now (I was of advanced paternal age then at 49). Both my wife & I lost our respective spouses so our neighbours played cupid and got us together.

As time goes by, I hope to get to know you and you me, perhaps we can share our good times and not so good. I've already made some friends through pms and e-mail and as Oscar has said there is a family/friendship feeling about this site.

So it's good night from me (and it's good night from him) .. anyone remember the Two Ronnies?

Glyn 8O

Great idea for a board. I'm 54 years old and have spent most of my working life, self-employed, in the construction industry, bathroom refurbishments being my own particular speciality(Hints, tips and advice always freely available) Tiling, plumbing, electrics, carpentry and any structural work involved etc. Unfortunately? 30+ years of doing this very physically demanding job has taken its toll and now on the docs orders i've got to call it a day :cry: or , depends on your point ov view! Where I go from here, I'm not sure. Certainly hope to brush up on my computer skills - and boy do I need to do THAT. Glyn, I am also into stained glass, copper foil work, found the REAL stuffwith the lead too much like hard work, I prefer the finer detail that foil work allows. Could this be my new career :wink: Feeling rough today, hence I'm sat here at 10.10am GMT writing this. I log onto these boards several times a day and am constantly amazed at the knowledge that some people have, just how do they know so much - blood, sweat and tears I guess. I guess that'll do for now. PLEASE NOTE-any spelling mistakes are INTENTIONAL just to make sure you are paying attention. Regards BOB
    That can only be Barker and Corbett

Member Help2Go Moderator

This is a nice spot to get to know people. I like it!
    For starters... HI MICH!
    I'm 21 years old and am MCSE 2000. I'm a jack of all trades and master of none, this includes computers . I have electrical experience, restaurant management experience, owned a business and starting a new one, I was even a US Marine 2531 URRAH! I first came to help2go on <looks @ register date> because of Mich who I know from another computer help site. I also run a computer help site and am in the process of building a restaurant/business review site for my local town. I love coming here because this place is FULL of great resources and very nice people. Just like to say keep up the good work Moderators and Members!

Partieā„¢

Hey Partie - You've done all that and STILL only 21! I think I must have been asleep the past *coughs* years. :!:

Hi Bob,

We too do the foil method for stained glass .. believe it or not, Tiffany himself invented the method, although not as advanced as the products to-day. We were once asked to do some stained glass inserts for doors, but declined as this is just a hobby. Replaced the clear glass panels in our china cabinet with 3 matching rose pattern panels and clear glass.. makes it look rich. I don't know about GB (left there in '67) but here in Canada people pay top $ for stained glass (not the stuff that looks machine made!)

And Bob, you're right, it was Barker and Corbett. Have a few of their tapes. If you figured out the math in my post, we're aged pretty close, I'm 55.

Hoping to get to England & Wales (last name is Jones) next year to do some Family tree research "on the ground" so to speak, and also visit the few aging Aunts & Uncles I have left.

Take it easy, Glyn

Mart, You've done an excellent job on your web site, it's interesting and visually pleasing. One of these days I've got to figure how to do my own site, don't have a clue. I too enjoy touching up old photos, one B&W one of a distant relative of my wife's had a chunk of picture removed from the face. After restoring the missing part of the nose and mouth, I was told the resemblance was very close .. I get lost in the work I enjoy it so much.

Glyn

Partay!!! Partay!!! Partay!!!

Hi

Isn't Partie awesome? He's like your very own pet guru :wink: I tried to keep him tied up in the back yard but he kept getting away <pout>.
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast