Default A day that will live in infamy...

Deleted by Basementgeek

Regrettably there was too much of this stuff before and has been since
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default Re: A day that will live in infamy...

Quote Originally Posted by Basementgeek
    Deleted by Basementgeek
    Hi Basementgeek,
    I thought your Post was apt and very evocative, considering the way things are today in this World with our young people out there fighting right now to preserve our freedoms and right to happiness; the Two Towers were attacked in what may be considered an even more dispicable way than Pearl Harbour was, any how words will never describe the event; and it is well for you to show something like you posted "Lest we forget" If this site does not want- Political,Religious,or Controversial subjects on a general talk section, tough! the Moderators can set the parameter for posters to follow, Cheers Jim.

I too thought your post was great Basement. Just didn't know how to reply to it really.

This board is here for us all to converse about whatever strikes our fancy at the moment. The only regulation is please keep it clean
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

Quote Originally Posted by Mich
    I too thought your post was great Basement. Just didn't know how to reply to it really.

This board is here for us all to converse about whatever strikes our fancy at the moment. The only regulation is please keep it clean
    Right on Mich! regards Jim.

Friends:

I wasn't trying to make a statement here, the only reason I deleted the post was the fact it was a "timed event". We don't don't wish others
    "Merry Christmas" after 25 Dec. Pearl Harbor Day has come and gone.
    Just wanted people to remember, nothing more, nothing less.

I got up that morning, looked in our only local daily paper, saw nothing about it and I was a little upset. Us "Americans" seemed to have a pretty short memory, but a lot of this is due to our age. Us older ones remember things like this, the younger ones don't. We kind of been wrapped up with 9-11-01.

Cheers
    Gary

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Gary,

Unfortunately I missed your posting, but got the gist of what it said through your last post. I have been sitting here staring at your words, and feelings, thoughts running through my head, not just of Pearl Harbour, but about war in general. I know you did service, and being in a position of perhaps having to go to war at a moments notice, and the thoughts of those who have gone before, it must have felt like some kind of betrayal by the local media not to recognize that tragedy.

I feel anytime is an appropriate time to remember. All be it one day is set aside for Pearl Harbour, one for D-Day, one for Remembrance Day .. the list goes on, but as long as just one person remembers, then all was not for naught.

You've touched us with your feelings, even beyond the boarders of the US! You've done more than your local media could have ever done.

Thanks,

Glyn

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I prefer remembering the people not the event. Maybe a day all those who have died in World Wide tragedies
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.