Default ant connect to internet. Need advice

hi guys,

My computer was working fine the night before. I could connect by wreless to my router and get access to the internet. Now, I can't connect to the internet. Well, let me rephrase that. I can connect at times to the router (not all the itmes). When connected, I open up my browser and nothing. I get the can't find server message from firefox. I go under support for the wireless and it doesnt show the ip addresss or gateway address, etc. so i know I am not connected. I tried to connect to the internet via the ethernet cat 5, but that doesnt work as well. I got rid of soysweeper and zonealarm thinking those were blocking something, but that didnt do anything. Now, when I tried to turn on windows firewall, I got a message saying it couldn't because of somwthing called the ics service. Also, I tried lpfix and that didn't do anything.
    So, before I reinstall windows (which I dont want to do!), does anyone else have any ideas I can try?
    Lastly, I tried start-run-cmd- ipconfig
    but i got a message saying an internal error occurred:the request is not spported.
    thnks for any help guys. I am stuck onthis one.

Default reset modem and wireless modem

I've had this problem several times. unplug your modem ( high speed, internet service) then unplug your wireless modem. plug your modem pack in wait until it is loaded ( about 2 minutes ) then plug in your wireless modem.

Thnks for the reply cey. I tried everything but with no luck, so I just reinstalled xp and now everything works fine. Pain in the ass, but it got the job done.

POls close this post

Thanks!