Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Java is not working if I am logged as administrator

Hi
    My laptop OS is window vista sp1 and Java V6 update 6 is installed, the problem I am having is that Java wont work unless I disable user account or I logged in using the standard account . But when I switch back to administrator account it will not work.

I did check the setting for both Internet Explorer and java setting and i reinstall jave without result

Hi najdy

Try making sure to check your add/remove programs and uninstall any older versions of java you have installed. That might help...
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

Thank you Mich
    I did check and I dont have any older version of java to remove it. java work fine if Iam logged in using the standarad account but if I logged in using administator account it will not work . I reinstalled java , I checked java setting and the internet setting and both are ok.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Try resetting your security settings. Details here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222/

Hi arraknid
    I tried to reset my security setting but I get this message ( you dont have sufficient permission to preform this command. Make sure that you are running as the local admisistrator or have opened the command prompt using the "run as administrator"option.

I am the only one using this laptop and I am using an administrator account and I dont know why its give me this message or how open the command prompt using the run as administrator option.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by najdy98 View Post
    Hi arraknid
    I tried to reset my security setting but I get this message ( you dont have sufficient permission to preform this command. Make sure that you are running as the local admisistrator or have opened the command prompt using the "run as administrator"option.

I am the only one using this laptop and I am using an administrator account and I dont know why its give me this message or how open the command prompt using the run as administrator option.

Thank you
    I'm assuming your using vista...

to run command prompt as administrator:
    click the start sphere
    click 'all programs'
    click 'Accessories'
    RIGHT CLICK command prompt
    select 'run as administrator'

Quote Originally Posted by najdy98 View Post
    My laptop OS is window vista sp1
    DOH!

see above

Ok I did reset my security setting but I did not help

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Perhaps you could give us some history. Was the laptop purchased pre-loaded with Vista SP1 or did you download the SP1 update and install it? Did this problem appear at some specific point, eg installing new software. Has Java ever worked? Did you download the update to replace an existing version?

Also, if you are reinstalling Java without fully uninstalling it, you may just be compounding a problem. I suggest you use the Windows Cleanup tool to get rid of every last bit of the program, then try a reinstall.

Info here http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301

The download link is at the foot of that page.

Hi
    I used Windows Cleanup tool to remove java and reinstall it again and its still not working but this time when I try to check the box of microsoft Internet Explorer in the default java for browsers in java advance setting its gave me the following message

Unable to change browser settings please check if you have sufficient permission to change system settings

this is a new laptop with window vista installed and I install SP1 update. Jave was working fine until 2 week ago when my laptop was infected with some type of virtumonde virus so I installed the following programes:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition
    SpywareBlaster

I dont believe I am infected anymore but it was after I remove the virus when I try to run java and it did not work unless I disable user accounts

Thak you everyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast