Question antivirus 2008 uninstall

i have got win XP installed on my laptop and a antivirus called Antivirus 2008 has been also installed. Please tell me about it and how to uninstall it
    Anunaya at help2go.com

Hi anunaya,

We're going to need more information than you're giving us Does the program have a manufacturer name?

Most programs can be uninstalled through add/remove programs in the control panel.
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:

Antivirus 2008 is a corrupt anti-virus tool that harasses users with its scare tactics in order to earn $50. Antivirus 2008 (also known as Antivirus2008) is distributed through malicious websites that sell other fake anti spyware tools as well.

Once inside and active, Antivirus 2008 will bombard the user with an endless flood of popups and fake system notifications, supposedly informing him of an infection, which is most likely non-existent. These threats are supposed to lead the user into a position where he has the necessity to buy an anti-spyware program. Of course, Antivirus 2008 is up and ready for the task. The task of ripping you off, that is.

Do not, ever, download or buy Antivirus 2008. To ensure your security and avoid accidental infection, you should block antivirus2008.com using your HOSTS file.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is quite difficult to remove without help. You should post in the Spyware section - maybe one of the Mods will move the post.

Question Antivirus2008

Quote Originally Posted by Mich View Post
    Hi anunaya,

We're going to need more information than you're giving us Does the program have a manufacturer name?

Most programs can be uninstalled through add/remove programs in the control panel.
    Quote:

"Antivirus 2008 is a corrupt anti-virus tool that harasses users with its scare tactics in order to earn $50. Antivirus 2008 (also known as Antivirus2008) is distributed through malicious websites that sell other fake anti spyware tools as well.

Once inside and active, Antivirus 2008 will bombard the user with an endless flood of popups and fake system notifications, supposedly informing him of an infection, which is most likely non-existent. These threats are supposed to lead the user into a position where he has the necessity to buy an anti-spyware program. Of course, Antivirus 2008 is up and ready for the task. The task of ripping you off, that is."

I got the above the above reply from a member of help2go. He is absolutely right the program is giving me fake virus detections, and it is not listed in the Add/Remove program list. Please tell me a way to unistall it.
    Please also suggest s good antivirus which can be downloaded for free from the net.
    Anunaya at help2go.com

hello again

you will need to post for help in our spyware forum here

please be sure to read and follow direction in this post here
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone