Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VMSnap3.exe

Default VMSnap3.exe

how to remove VMSnap3.exe?
    please help

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

Welcome to H2G.

Is this web cam software?

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Default hello :(

I'm not sure anymore.. :S but my webcam doesn't work anymore, it's like it have been uninstalled and it gives an error when i try to open it..
    when I open the computer first thing comes up a box askin for a file called "usv303.sys" n i click browse to find it and then ok and the box comes out again askin for the file "vmsnap3.exe" and i couldnt find it on the webcam installing cd so i searched the net for it and i found out it was a spyware
    and I tried to download HiJackThis anti spyware to delete it and i did (that's atleast what i think) but the box coomes out again..
    i read that it loads when u start your computer and i noticed that my computer needs time to start so i think that's the reason..
    i dont kno if you can help me with these information

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I think it may be usb303.sys not usv303.sys. What make and model is your web cam? Go to Start > Run > type in msconfig > OK. Click on Startup Tab > see if either vmsnap3.exe and/or usb303.sys are there. If so, uncheck the box next to the entry(s) > OK. Reboot your PC. When PC starts up, a configuration window will open, check box to not show window/warning again. Keep us posted. Will move this thread to Computer Help Forum.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amanita238 View Post
    how to remove VMSnap3.exe?
    please help
    I'm pretty sure this file is deletable. It normally lives in the main Windows folder - C:\Windows

Try doing a Search for VMSnap3.exe. When it finds it, right click it and select Delete. If it says the file is in use and can't be deleted, you should start in Safe Mode and try again. If you do as Canuck suggests, it should be possible to delete it in normal Windows mode.

its vimicro A4tech cam model Pk- 5

I ran msconfig and i didn't find vmsnap3 ..

and to arrkind i searched for it but i couldn't find it ... !!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images

this what comes out :
    Attached Images

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There seems to be a little confusion here. VMSnap3.exe is a legitimate file for the camera you have. Occasionally the same file name is used by trojans to hide on your computer. I think you have read that somewhere and drawn the conclusion that it is malware. In your case, I'd say it isn't.

The reason you can't find the file to delete is that is isn't there, which is why Windows is asking you to locate it. For some reason, the drivers and software are no longer on your computer.

I suggest you go to the A4Tech site, download the latest drivers and install.

You'll find them here http://www.a4tech.com/ennew/download...p?cmodnum=PK-5

The instructions are a little garbled, they talk about uninstalling your mouse drivers before installing the camera drivers! That is an error and you should not uninstall your mouse. I assume they mean 'uninstall the old camera drivers', which you seem to have already done.

Let us know how you get on.

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

I'm not sure if this will work but worth a try.

Download Autoruns and search for the related entry and then delete it.

• Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click HERE if your not sure how to do this.)
    • Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
    • Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
    • When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
    • Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
    • Right click on the entry and choose delete
    • Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.

Look for usv303.sys and VMSnap3.exe

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Default thank youuuuuu

heey thanks alot techs
    its workin now perfectly.
    and im glad its not a malware :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast