Default failed os install

hello i am using a e-machine desktop that came with vista home premium and i tryed to dualboot windows xp and vista and so i installed windows xp and it works half way and now my computer wont boot with vista but all the vista files are still on the harddrive. i have pc angel i tryed to restart and hold down f11 for 30 seconds but pc angle dosent come up either can some on please help me

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's difficult to comment without knowing exactly the order you've done things. Take a look at the tutorial in the following link and try to analyse what you did incorrectly.

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_v...step_guide.htm

Then, hopefully, someone here can try to remedy the situation.

For further info, did the machine come with a Windows installation disk, or just a recovery disk?

it came with neither its my grandfathers computer i dont have one for my self so he lets me use one of his computer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tazs_10 View Post
    it came with neither its my grandfathers computer i dont have one for my self so he lets me use one of his computer
    OK, can you answer the other question?

With the machine being fairly new, there should be a disk of some kind. Maybe your grandfather has a disk?

Quote Originally Posted by arraknid View Post
    OK, can you answer the other question?

With the machine being fairly new, there should be a disk of some kind. Maybe your grandfather has a disk?
    i was hoping to keep this from him if he finds out that he will take the computer back =-(

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arraknid View Post
    Take a look at the tutorial in the following link and try to analyse what you did incorrectly.

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_v...step_guide.htm
    Just do the above and report back but do bear in mind that you may need the original disk!