Default Problems after installing firefox

Hi. I installed mozilla firefox in order to be able to translate pages from the original language to any language(at least that's what it said) but now there's a problem. First of all I couldn't do anything without it being called a "firefox session".

I shut the computer down and restarted it to find two boxes popping up. One said " you interrupted your firefox session, do you wish to continue or restart the session." The other box said " One of the files containing the system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful."

I uninstalled firefox. Now I can't open any page. The Internet Explorer icon , when I click on it, it doesn't open into Yahoo like it used to. Instead it says

"Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons

All Internet Explorer add-ons, such as ActiveX controls or toolbars, are turned off. Some webpages might not display correctly.
    To continue to your home page, click the Home button.
    To browse using add-ons, close Internet Explorer and then start it again.

I don't know where to go from here. I had to go to a file marked Internet Explorer and open it, just to get a page to open up. That's where Internet Explorer was. In a file. I can't even find the same file now so if I shut down the computer I won't be able to open into any page. HELP!! I don't know how to get out of this mess.Thanks.

I think the problem is solved. I stumbled upon System Restore and everything is back to normal.

Cool, good to know Thanks for updating your post Rio
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone