Question Browser Problems

Kindly note that I am using XP Professional with Slim Browser( www.flashpeak.com). I have down loaded Mozilla Firefox, Avant V 11.6.0.17 and IE Pro*. But unfortunately I cannot open any site with those browsers. But the same site/sites is/are being opened by the Slim Browser. With the browsers I mentioned above a display comes 'the site cannot be displayed etc.' I am not ashamed to confess that I am not a computer expert and hence kind help in simple language would be highly appreciated.

Regards.
    Asit

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As I understand it, both SlimBrowser and IE7 Pro are add-ons for IE7 and as you only have one version of IE7 on your machine, they are probably fighting for dominance!! They may seem like 2 different programs, but they are both based on your standard IE7. Add to the mix 2 other browsers and you have a recipe for problems.

My question to you is do you really need four browsers? Two is more than enough for most people.

I think you should decide which enhanced version of IE7 you want - SlimBrowser or IE7 Pro - and uninstall the other. If the problem persists, try uninstalling all browsers until you are left with just a clean version of IE7. Then, if you really want to reinstall the others, do so one by one checking that all still works.

My advice ... stick at 2.