Question Installing Vista Icons in XP

I have winXP. I have downloaded a set of vista icons called vistaICO-Aero-Pack3 from vistaico.com.
    please tell me how can I replace the existing icons of XP with the downloaded icons.
    Anunaya at help2go.com

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

It's a fairly easy process. First save the downloaded icons (unzipped if they're zipped) to a file where you'll remember that they're there ( create a file in My Docs or My Pics and call it Vista Icons .. if that helps). Now go to the XP icon you want changed > Properties > depending on the file, there should be a button Change Icon or there maybe a tab Customize in which case click on that at the bottom of the window a button Change Icon > Click on button > leaving that window open, go to the Vista Icon file > right click > properties > Change Icon > at the top you'll see a highlighted address (look for icons in this file) right click on the highlighted address > right click > Copy > close that file. Now go to the change icon window and paste the new address in the address bar > OK > another window will open and display the Vista Icons > select the icon you want > OK > OK. The new icon should now be displayed.

This does look harder than it really is, but after you do a few it becomes pretty routine. Keep us posted. Good luck

thanks..))

---------------------------------------------
    support @ greerdesign.net
    support @ GSDIZ.COM