Default Help All Windows Vista Users

Whenever I click on start and go to the recent programs i.e the short cut to acces word or any other program in Microsoft Office it always fails to open the program. The only way I can open these is by going to start>all programs>Microsoft office then open the Office application within office. what I do not understand is that I have installed office Home & student on 3 computers 2 computers running windows vista home premuim and the other running windows XP operating systems. my Sony running XP is fine with no problems however my Sony running Vista and my Asus Running Vista have the same problems with the short cuts. I have been trying to sort out this problem for a few days now with Sony & Microsoft tech support but still have had no joy I am aware that I could reformat but the problem still may reapear at a later stage.

I have done the following re-installed Office > deleted the short cut and started again > and system restore

Not a solution sorry, but I just checked this on my computer and my programs do open using that method. So the problem is probably not Vista related. I have never actually used that method as I always use the icon shortcut on the desktop. There must be a problem somewhere in the way your system links to the files/programs.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T / 12gb Ram / Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    HP w2207 Monitor / 24X Dual Layer Optical Drive / 700W PSU /
    Nvidia GeForce HD N460 1GB /...Keurig ready to brew a quick cuppa!

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only way I can open these is by going to start>all programs>Microsoft office
    Try doing the same thing, only this time right click on Microsoft Office and select Send to....Desktop (create an icon) That will place an shortcut icon on the desktop which is the more usual route to open programs.

If you want to check the path of the Recent Documents file, right click on the file, select Properties and check that target path is correct.
    Last edited by arraknid; 06-19-2008 at 10:15 AM.