Thumbs up New Program Checklist

Hello again,
    I've been having small issues off and on and doing a lot of thread reading here about it so I wanted to see if someone could look over the latest programs I've installed because you guys have so many recomendations for different problems.

Current:
    Avast!
    Ad Aware
    Spybot S&D

New:
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Run in Safe Mode)
    Super Anti Spyware (Run in Safe Mode)
    CCleaner (Run in Safe Mode)
    Comodo Firewall (Plus Protection - I think is what I chose) [Zone was not available for free]
    (Just installed this Firewall and it's scanning but there is not icon in the system tray yet
    so I assume I wait for that before I turn off Windows Firewall?)

Do I still need to install:
    Spywareblaster & Spywaregaurd?

Thanks!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

You certainly look like you've covered all the bases. I wouldn't worry about Spywareblaster & Spywaregaurd. Perhaps others might suggest exchanging these two for Ad Aware and Spybot S&D, but which ever combo you decide on will be fine. CCleaner can be run in standard mode most of the time, I usually run it last thing at night before turning the PC off.

Thumbs up

Thanks. I feel like if I get one more freaky thing on this PC that I am going to toss it with the weeks trash and get out my typewriter, envelopes and stamps!! I've had all kinds of weird stuff go on since upgrading from dial-up to DSL. And I am not even on high speed yet.
    Malwarebytes and SuperAnti Spyware can be run in normal mode too then?

This post can be closed after reply.
    THANK YOU!!!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Yes they can. The main reason for running in Safe Mode is that many of the programs running in the background are stopped, thus allowing faster scanning time. You can see this quite well if you were to run Defrag in Safe Mode. Happy computing
    Last edited by Canuck; 06-24-2008 at 01:39 AM.