Question Disable Touch Pad

I have a dell latitude D610, running XP. I have tried going into my device manager, also keyboards and mouse. None of these places have touch pad hardware. After doing a search I came up with information telling me to search for apoint.exe I found that, and uninstalled it. This didn't stop my touch pad from working eventhough it suggested that I install something to replace it.

I want it turned off cause everytime I'm typing slightly touching it will move my cursor making me type somewhere else. Any other ways to fix this problem would be great

thanks

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Check out this fix http://weblogs.asp.net/israelio/arch...02/171615.aspx keep us posted.

Unhappy Thanks

I use an usb mouse the page says it will work as long as there isnít a mouse plugged in, but just to see if it would work I tried. I can't get into the BIOS? I hit f2 and nothing.

I would really just like to turn it off if possible but i will take anything that might even make it less sensitive.

Go here http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=149404 and download the touchpad driver and install. You should then be able to go into Control Panel > mouse (unless a different heading for touchpad shows up)and change the setting to what you want. Your driver has most probably been damaged.

Talking Thanks

Downloading the driver fixed the problem. Thank you so much!

Glad it worked for you