Default LOST password & Admin password can't log in!

Heres the deal I got a computer from my friend how got it from his job they were throwing it way. thats why the administrator has a password on it. now I had it for a while. but I kept changing the password and now I can't remember it. I could re-install XP but I have some very importint files on it. so I need it get into it. I think that a virus is keeping me out, because I know their's some on it. can they do that? because I think I am putting the right password in. it's been two days and I'm at my wits end can someone please help me?
    Isidore J. Brooks

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now they know how to bypass the system, let's hope that the computer actually belongs to the person concerned!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I have deleted the responses, as it is Help2Go's policy not to assist in getting around password problems. We do not know if the PC has been stolen or if someone is trying to access documents that are meant to be password protected. In such a case as this, where the member has been of long standing, it is suggested to pass this information along via PM. arraknid brings up a valid point, thanks.

I agree with both of you and I understand your concern. but believe I do not steal. if that was the case I'd just do a clean install. reformat the drive and be done with it. I just came here for some help. but I do understand and I hope I didn't inconvenience anyone. and to everyone eles don't assume everyone you meet is a bad person, you mite just make a new friend.
    Isidore J. Brooks

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by graf View Post
    I agree with both of you and I understand your concern. but believe I do not steal. if that was the case I'd just do a clean install. reformat the drive and be done with it. I just came here for some help. but I do understand and I hope I didn't inconvenience anyone. and to everyone eles don't assume everyone you meet is a bad person, you mite just make a new friend.
    Thanks for your understanding - and the comments were general not directed at you personally.

Now go try Google.