Default Internet Problem

My moms laptop's wireless internet stopped working alltogether after installing SP1.

So I tried plugging it in straight to the router and still nothing, and I even did a system restore to the day before I installed SP1.

I've reset the connection, the modem, and the router, and still nothing.

Tell us what anti virus and firewall you use?, these would be places to look, disabling these items temporily may help..

ESET Smart Security. Her internet works with the firewall disabled, I've never had a problem with ESET before. I run it on all my network's computers, and no problems.

I would open the fire wall program and check your configuration sounds like something changed with the addition of SP1 for Vista.. You may also consider un-installig it (The Firewall) and re-installing it, at least we know where the problem is, and I'm sure you are aware of the risk involved running windows w/out Fire wall protection.

On my firewall I have a large selection of items I can block and unblock---See if you can find that feature on yours..
    Last edited by zep516; 07-04-2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Addition Last sentence.