Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of the blue

Question Out of the blue

Filehippo.com throws up error 417.

I have run this software for sometime checking on my software installations, but all of a sudden it shows the above error 417. I have googled it, and not come up with a clear result except that my registry maybe corrupt ?

I have run chkdsk /f, but it still it will not load.

I am a little hesitant to download here due to the link being an advertisement from here

My system is running very well except for this annoying error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.......thanks.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Tallin, that site looks fine. Download the fix and run it as instructed. Make sure you set a System Restore point first.

Good Luck.

Hi Arraknid,

Thanks for your post in reply,

Download Error 417 Repair Tool appears dead to me as attachment shows.

RegCure link next to the above is also dead and appears the same website. In other words, they seem one and the same.....both dead links.

I use CCleaner, so am not keen to be using Regcure unless advised to do so, even when finding a link that would work.

Am I on the wrong track with my first post, any suggestions would be appreciated here.

Thanks.
    Attached Images

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi tallin,

Filehippo.com comes up fine for me. Try copying the address and then Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites button > and put the address in there .. it has to be https://www.filehippo.com Note the s after http. Keep us posted.

Question

Hi Canuck,

Thanks for your reply.

I think you may have misunderstood me or alternatively my post was not clear.

I can load the update checker, in fact it is installed on my system.............The enclosed attachment may help. When I run it, I get the error showing in the attached gif. This happens on both computers on my network.

I am wondering if it has something to do with running JavaRa as my first post shows when 'googling' as follows:

Tallin's quote from first post
    I have run this software for sometime checking on my software installations, but all of a sudden it shows the above error 417. I have googled it, and not come up with a clear result except that my registry maybe corrupt ?
    The whole things is a bit of a mystery really, so I thought the Geeks at Help2Go would solve it for me!
    Attached Images

It's not your PC tallin. They must have either taken the site down for repair, or due to the free limited time offer their server is overloaded. It's the same if you go to their main site http://www.fix-pc-errors.com/new.htm .

Thanks Canuck for your post,

I am not interested in running RegCure after reading this

What I am interested in however is why my Update Checker does not scan and give the results as it has done for so long, then suddenly shows error 417 as shown in my last attachment in this thread.

Never mind, it is not a big deal, but as always I do not like it when I cannot find a cure for something I have successfully used for ages.

Thanks again for your help.

kind regards,

Question Update

I am still missing my filehippo.exe update checker which will not even download for me these days..... When it did not work earlier in this thread I uninstalled it from both my systems.

However, I found another similar program RadarSync which I downloaded and installed only to find it keeps telling me that I am not connected to the internet even although I know I am as I am streaming music and accessing sites. In other words I am connected 24/7 with ADSL.

Anyone know
    1. Why UDC.exe will not download?
    2. Why RadarSync will not open?
    3. Why RadarSync tells me I am not connected to the internet?

Another question please
    • Does Secunia Software Inspector do the exact same job as filehippo.exe?

I have no other problems with either computers downloading and installing any other programs at all.

Many thanks, any knowledge on the above would be appreciated....

Hi Tallin,

Have you tried turning off your firewall and downloading? All of the programs that you mention, I've downloaded and run with no problems (which is something these days with the problems i've been having).

Thanks Canuck, tried that, still will not work for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast