Default nero/INCD created files gone missing

Hi everyone,

I had lots of Jpeg, jpg picture files on cd's burned by Nero and INCD (not sure if these two programs act independently or in harmony with each other), anyhow, I have scrapped my old windows 98 system and am using other peoples windows sytems for the time being only to find that my picture files have gone!..they are not listed as being on the cd's! onl;y files showing on directory list are the Nero files that where copied on cd's formating I think.Can anyone help please? DO I need to have INCD or/And Nero resident on the second computer in order to see the files I am wondering?
    Would appreciate any comments anyone might want to make
    Thanks a lot anyhow..this is a good site to be part of :-)
    Rudy

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Rudy,

From what I've seen and experienced, InCD has caused problems, most noticeably losing ability to find the CD/DVD writer. I found the solution to this by trial and error, and it boiled down to uninstalling InCD. Yes, it does seem to run independently from the rest of Nero, and since InCD created the backups, I'm fairly certain you'll be able to access the files by going through InCD. Give it a shot and let us know what happens, make sure you don't overwrite anything if it's a RW CD/DVD.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Rudy,

If you are trying to use InCD disks with XP you are wasting your time because XP doesn't support the program nor the type of formatting used. InCD was an add-on for Win98 enabling packet writing to CD's, but XP has that ability built into it - and does it differently!

So, to access your files, you'll need to go back to a Win98 machine with InCD installed on it. There is no other way. XP will not allow you to install the program.

Hopefully you still have a copy of the program because, like Win98, it has been discontinued for some years.

Good luck.

Default Nero/Incd files gone missing..........

Hope I am replying in the correct manner here??
    Thanks you guys for helping me, I now need to get another W98 as well as a used laptop I was aiming for..drat//but better than losing all the files I have on the cd's...
    thanks again for such quick and helpful replies to my queiry, hope I can help some too some time :-)
    Rudy

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

You're very welcome Rudy. Help2Go is a great place to hang out, there's lots to learn and many to help