Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Internet problem

There has been a couple of websites that I go to that everytime I went there, the internet would shut off. It only does it on this website. The other website I don't need to go anymore but this one website I go to everyday and the internet just closes out. It's weird. Could somebody help? Is there something wrong with my computer or what? Thanks!

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Heather,

Welcome to Help2Go.

It would help us to know the website causing the problem, also what browser you are using...Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc, and what version. Also what operating system you have....XP, Vista?

The more you can tell us the easier it makes it for us to offer a solution.

The website is: http://www.lordsofpain.net/index2.html
    It didn't start doing it until a couple of days ago. When I use another computer, it don't give me no problems. I'm using "Internet Explorer" version 6. Also, my computer is an Windows XP.

Blog Entries

Ideally, you should update to Internet Explorer 7 using this link, or change over to another browser like Firefox2 or Opera9.5.

Meantime, try this. Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools, then Internet Options. Click on the Advanced tab and then the Restore advance settings button. Click on OK and retry the connection.

Now clear your cache, instructions here.

Good luck.

I don't have a Restore advance settings, but I do have a "Restore Defaults." I know this may sound silly, but would that be the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherG View Post
    I don't have a Restore advance settings, but I do have a "Restore Defaults." I know this may sound silly, but would that be the same thing?
    IMHO, it would have been more silly not to have asked!

no questions are silly questions in computing...

...i, however, dont know the answer, so i'll let arraknid carry on his exemplary work

Ok, thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherG View Post
    Sorry Heather, that's what you'll see if you install IE7.

You're right, it is the same thing. Just click away...

...and thanks Mr Darn for the compliment. Much appreciated.

I did do the Restore Defaults and I'm still having problems with that website. Do you think it could be the webstie? I just don't have any problems when I use another computer.

Blog Entries

OK, let's try something else. This is the method used in IE7, but IE6 is very similar. I'm sure you'll work it out.

Go back to Tools, Internet Options, click on the Security tab, then on Trusted Sites in the top window. You should now see a Sites button. Click on it. In the window that opens, untick the box referring to Require server verification then enter the full website address in the top box and click on Add. Click on OK and retry the connection.

Let me know how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast