Question Can't Uninstall VMWare Lite

I have recently had a problem with my VMWare. When I boot up, it tries to install, then asks for a resource (vmware.msi) from (by default) C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\ . I cancel, and it tries again four or more times. When I try to remove it through control panel's add/remove programs, it sends a pop-up that says that it could not read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\VMWare.msi . If I click change in the add/remove programs, and go through the uninstall with that wizard, and the same message appears. It seems that this is interfering with some other programs, because when i open certain programs the installers pop up and then brings up the program with defects (the programs are legit and good; I used the exact same installer and folowed the exact same steps on another computer).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Download this program Windows Install Cleanup utility , it's a very powerful uninstall utility, so make sure you're selecting the right program to delete. If it doesn't delete in Normal mode, try it in Safe Mode.

Keep us posted.

Talking Thanks!

Canuck, that was exactly what I needed!!! Thank you so much

--Jaye