Default I can not open the internet sites

I am using mcafee total protection 2008 version 3.First i have no probelm to open any internet sites.But today ican not open both in Mozilla and Internet Explorer.When mcafee protection was off i can open them.What must i do?

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Uninstall McAfee and install AVAST. Not only is it better, it's free.

Avast can not find all viruses and others i do not like it.
    Now i do not have the problem i said
    2 times i saw the problem...

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's obviously your choice, but you will find that McAfee is very intrusive, slow to work and uses a lot of your resources.

This might interest you.....

Avast does a live scan. Which means it scans all files all the time. It constantly scans all your files, even hidden ones, for viruses. McAfee only scans certain ones and looks for viruses that are on its definition list.

So while Avast scans all files that you download, emails you send and everything else. McAfee just checks the registry and a few other places for changes.

In my experience Avast has done more good than anything. McAfee is nothing but trouble. I have seen more people with viruses because of McAfee. It is just a slow scanner and it doesnt fully-scan your system till it is forced to. Even that takes hours to accomplish.
    Like I said, your choice. Good luck!