Exclamation How do I bypass a WinXp login, where the Admin password has been altered by a virus

I recently attempted to troubleshoot my Uncle's computer, when he notified me, that Norton had detected a virus and his service had expired. The virus identified by Symantec as Trojan.Brisv.A!inf apparently changes and/or encrypts passwords. This characteristic of the virus, which was not made known to me, until after I had optimized the system, deleted a folder containing a program which searches for the OEM serial of WinXP, and restarted, that we realized his password had been altered and/or perchance encrypted. How can I bypass the WinXp login to launch the virus removal tool w/i the Windows environment or eliminate the pre-existing password file, (whose location and process to access from a reboot, are unknown) so I might reinstall windows and reset a new password. There is no backup for his system (ie. external HD) so I all files and programs (except the virus) must remain intact. All help and ideas are greatly appreciated.
    dcordero130888

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Try booting into Safe Mode. See here.