Thread: Plezz help!!!

Default Plezz help!!!

I have a hp dv6000 laptop and the screen is black.

When i restart it would blink about 3 times then go black agin. There is a 6' inch bar that is hooked up to the laptop. i got a new one and still nothing. plezz help

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

There is a 6' inch bar that is hooked up to the laptop
    are you talking about a power bar? Were you having problems with the old one? Are you able to boot into Safe Mode (as computer is starting boot up keep tapping f8 key and select Safe Mode when the options window opens)?

yeah but i got a new one and still nothing. yeah i can boot to safe mood if i wanted to. I got is hooked to my tv right now. The screen just gose off and on when i restart and just cuts off befor it loads windows.

did the safe mode thing. Same thing i can open and shut the screen and it would cut back on for about 3 sec. O if i hold a flash light on the screen i can see everything. i just want my baby to work again

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

By the sounds of it, the graphics card is shot or the screen is kaput. Wait for others input on this. How old is it?
    Last edited by Canuck; 08-02-2008 at 08:06 PM.

I would also go for the broken screen. Is there any apparent bruise/scratch on the screen or on the bottom of it?

I dont think its the video card. i have it hooked up to my tv and convert videos just fine. If it was the lcd why would it bink off and on when it restarts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_0078 View Post
    did the safe mode thing. Same thing i can open and shut the screen and it would cut back on for about 3 sec. O if i hold a flash light on the screen i can see everything. i just want my baby to work again
    sounds like you have a faulty backlight on your monitor. it may just be the connection wire has fractured giving you intermittent connection, hence the flickering, but either way its a crappy thing to replace. does moving the screen make any diference to it? any further flickering?

other than hooking up a seperate external monitor, you will be needing a replacement. you could try the ribbon first, as the flicker may suggest the lamp is fine, but you may end up replacing both, if its even possible.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You need to replace the LCD Inverter. You can fit it yourself if you are confident enough. The part and instructions on how to fit it are available on the net. I found this one on Ebay.