Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

this trojan box keeps appearing on my desktop
    NMIndexStoreSvr.exe warning me that the program I am working on will close...

I have gone to windows explorer and searched Prefetch...
    I found the file NMIndexStoreSvr.exe in Prefetch... whiich I deleted to recycle bin as I believe its part of Nero Scout which they say can be removed....
    However the box appears again each and everytime I restart my pc and remains on the desktop.... I cannot get rid of it...
    I then proceeded to go to start menu, control panel, add and remove programs to see if there was a program called NMIndexStoreSvr.exe so that I could remove it but there is only Nero in here... I do not wish to remove the nero program...
    Please let me know how I can get rid of this trojan box that appears on my desktop called NMIndexStoreSvr.exe ?
    Please would you be so kind as to give me very detailed instructions on how to do this as I have failed in all aspects to try get rid of this box.
    Awaiting your help with sincere thanks.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the program is running at startup, try disabling it in MSCONFIG.

Try this

Default NMIndexStoreSvr.exe (continued)

Hi thank you so much for your help as regards this NMIndexStoreSvr.exe which remains on my desktop when I start PC

Your advice to me... try msconfig and disable it

I have gone to Start Menu... msconfig..... Startup

Scrolled through the list but does not list NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

The only similar name is

NMBgMonitor..... which is listed in Startup and says it is under C:Program files.
    Dont know if this is part of the NMIndexStoreSvr.exe program so am nervous to remove NMBgMonitor?

Please help... what should I do ?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

This has to do with Nero's Scout that came along with Nero 7. It's had its problems, and we've recommended its removal in the past. Osc has written an excellent article on how to get rid of this pest. Follow his instructions here and you should have no problems. After doing this, I suggest you run Ccleaner (when you get to the install instructions, uncheck all options except 'create a desktop shortcut .. unless you want any of the other features .. they just take up more RAM). After install, run ccleaner with its default settings. An excellent program that keeps your PC pretty clean, depending on how much you're on the Net, I'd run it at least once a week.

Blog Entries

The easiest way to stop this happening is to delete the files concerned and a registry entry.

First, copy and paste the following to Notepad and save to Desktop as a .reg file. For example, save as noscout.reg.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace \{3D6BE802-FC0D-4595-A304-E611F97089DC}]
    @="Nero Scout"

Go to your Desktop and double click the saved file and confirm its addition to the registry.

Next, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib and delete the following:

NMBgMonitor.exe
    NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

If necessary, do it in Safe Mode.

See how that goes.
    Last edited by arraknid; 08-19-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Thank you to Arraknid and Canuck for such incredible help and follow up to my query.

Unfortunately dont seem to be able to get rid of the box....
    However, I shall get an IT guy in to follow your instructions and let you know whether I have been able to get rid of this.

thanks again... just wonderful help from you guys

Default NMIndexStoresSvr.exe

to get rid of NMindexStoreSvr.exe

It unfortunately has not … its still there
    I Followed instructions as follows:

regsvr32 /u "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

I went to start menu
    Run

And then typed in the above

And then OK

After putting the above into RUN I now am experiencing problems when starting PC with a fatal error message boxes which say I need to reinstall program….. so I am really concerned now about windows system 32 ?

My question is: Please is it possible to reverse this instruction that I put into the Run i.e.
    regsvr32 /u "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

I need to reverse this instruction that I gave the PC yesterday...

thanks I await your reply.

Blog Entries

You can use System Restore to revert back to a time before you uninstalled the file. Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore. Leave the top choice selected and hit Next. Choose one of the dates in bold text just before the event and hit Next, and Next again.

Thank you for your advice a regards reversing my Run instruction.... very helpful......Unfortunately still have th isNMIndexStoreSvr.exe and cannot get rid of it !

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Run this program Windows Install Cleanup utility and see if it picks up NMindexStoreSvr.exe if it does, delete it. If not, get back to us, we're not going to give up on this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast