Default nvidia nforce network controller

FIRST I AM A NOVICE, PLEASE TAKE IT EASY ON ME. I HAVE A DELL XPS600 CONNECTED TO VERIZON fIOS SERVICE. mY DOWN LOAD SPEEDS ARE VERY SLOW 326KBPS WHEN I FIRST START THE COMPUTER. dELL TELLS ME IT IS A VERIZON PROBLEM -vERIZON SAYS IT IS A DELL PROBLEM. WHAT I FOUND SO FAR. tHE COMPUTER IS CONNECTED TO A WIRED PORT ON A ACTIONTEC WIRELESS ROUTER, WITH ONE OTHER COMPUTER CONNECTED ON THE WIRELESS SIDE. THAT ONE WORKS GREAT, NO DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS. tHE NVIDIA NFORCE NETWORKING CONTOLLER IS PART OF THE MOTHERBOARD. IF I RUN THE NVIDIA TEST UTILITY AFTER STARTUP THE DOWNLOAD SPEEDS ARE BETWEEN 12000 -15500KBPS. THE UPLOAD SPEEDS ALWAYS STAY NORMAL 1800KBPS. I HAVE LOOKED ON THE NVIDIA WEBSITE FOR A UPDATED DRIVER, BUT DONT SEE ONE FOR A NETWORKING CONTROLLER. IS IT POSSIBLE TO JUST INSTALL ANOTHER NIC AND ABANDON THE NVIDIA OR IS THAT NOT POSSIBLE. OR ANY OTHER SOLUTIONS
    Last edited by jlaw97; 08-12-2008 at 08:21 PM.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As a novice, the first thing to learn is not to use capitals when posting. It's the internet eqivalent of shouting and is considered very rude. It's also very difficult to read.

For your driver problem, try here.

Thanks, I did download the driver and it is the same as what I had on my resource disk. Something still is amiss. The Nvidia test link says every thing passed. Also didn't know about the caps rule