Angry Documents and Settings Access

When I click on documents and settings in C:\ I get the message: C:\ Documents and Settings is not accessible. Access is denied. I would appreciate some help on this if anyone has had the same problem.
    I am running Vista Ultimate with all of the updates.
    Thanks

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I don't use Vista, but I think if you right click on Doc and settings and select 'run as administrator' and see if that works. keep us posted.

Default Thanks........

Thanks for the reply. For some reason that option hasn't been on the context menu. I looked at permissions and for some reason they had been changed to deny all. (malware?) I changed tat and am back in business. Thanks again.

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

Have HijackThis fix these entries.

• O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
    • O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
    • O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
    • O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum