Default 2nd hard drive doesnt show!

Hi. I just had to format my pc today and reinstall windows on drive C: The new windows seems to work fine but the problem is that I have a second hard drive (which was drive G: ) and that has all my data stored in it.

Now G: isnt showing up at all in "My Computer" or when i go to "Run". When I checked System information in My computer, it does show that i have 2 hard drives.

I have Windows Xp, a pentium 1.8 Ghz processor, 2 hard drives and 768 MB RAM.

What should i do? Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by enlightened; 08-21-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you checked in BIOS to see that the drive is being recognised there?

Also check to see if the drive is enabled. Right click on My Computer, select Manage. In the left hand column select Disk Management.

That will list all drives and partitions on your machine. If you see the missing drive, does it have a drive letter assigned. If not right click on it and select Change Drive Letter and Paths, then ADD. Give it a letter and you are done.

Good luck.

When I go to Disk Management, it shows the drive as online but Unallocated. On right clicking it says, New Partition and Properties. There is nothing like Change Drive Letter and Paths.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you click on Properties, does it show data on the drive?