Default Slow video loading

I have a DSL line on my computer and I know its working fine. Web pages load fast a perfect but if I try to watch a streaming video or load a video from youtube, it takes a very long time even for 2 minute videos. anyone know what would cause that?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Slow streaming can be caused by a number of factors, many of them beyond your control. With in your control, use a program like Ccleaner ( www.ccleaner.com ) to keep your temp and other files cleaned out. Check with your ISP and see if you're getting the best signal possible. What's out of your control are the servers that the streams are coming from, the DSL speed, the speed of your PC and how many people on your DSL line (people connected to it in your neighborhood). The key is, it can only go as fast as the slowest part. I may have the latest PC out, but if I try streaming from Youtube and it's the busy time of day on the NET, Youtube's servers are slow etc, I've got to expect a slow, even jerky stream.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This may also be a bandwidth restriction instigated by your ISP. Try the free version of this software which utilises a version of bit torrent technology to speed things up. It only works on certain sites, including YouTube, but won't work with Vista..