Default major computer meltdown

to the point. my computer keeps freezing and locking up on me. then it was saying that I didn't have a sound card on it and I do. and when it locks I have to keep pushing the on button 10-15 times before it comes back on. I tryingto update all the drivers but when I fine a new one it says that I don't have the program on my system. and when I try to watch a movie it shut's down. I really need some help! can someone help me.......
    Isidore J. Brooks

Default more info

ok it shut down on me again but this time I got a BSOD it said something about a windows sub system error. this is the first time I got one of them. I hope this info helps thanks again.
    Isidore J. Brooks

another update, the text on my computer is a bright blue?
    Isidore J. Brooks

I can see that this is a wast of time.
    Isidore J. Brooks

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Graf,

It is a waste of time, for us and you, if you don't provide a detailed description of your problem. Merely listing out events isn't helpful. If you are receiving error notifications, you need to tell us what they are. We aren't telepathic, so we need you to be our eyes and ears.

You also don't tell us whether you have a laptop or desktop, what make and model it is, XP or Vista, 32bit or 64bit, what video and audio cards you have, etc, etc.

The more info you give us, the easier it'll be to help.

Try posting again with the above info.

How am I going to know what to tell you if you don't ask? no one ask me nothing. but now that your asking I can tell you. I have a desktop pc, motherboard: gigabite tec model 7DX, BIOS: Award version 6.00 pg release date 4/19/04, CPU AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+, Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 3, video ram 64mb Operating Sys Windows XP home SP 3, Antivirus AVG, fire wall Windows I hope this info will be helpful in helping me pin piont my problem.
    Isidore J. Brooks

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good start. Now give us details of the error warnings you are seeing. They are the clue to solving your problem.

To eliminate malware/viral infections, go here and download SuperAntiSpyware, run it and remove anything it finds. Also schedule a full antivirus scan.

Report back when you've done all that, and if necessary we'll take it on to the next stage.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by graf View Post
    How am I going to know what to tell you if you don't ask? no one ask me nothing. but now that your asking I can tell you. I have a desktop pc, motherboard: gigabite tec model 7DX, BIOS: Award version 6.00 pg release date 4/19/04, CPU AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+, Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 3, video ram 64mb Operating Sys Windows XP home SP 3, Antivirus AVG, fire wall Windows I hope this info will be helpful in helping me pin piont my problem.
    {How am I going to know what to tell you if you don't ask?}

No No Graf -the way it works is you have a problem you want help with- then you ask for help from the volunteers on this site
    You have been a member of this volunteer group of people for about three years and you have read none of the Stickys or even put your computer details on the site- but you then get a problem and everyone has to leap to your assistance, even if they dont know what your problem is with your PC
    I know that your "Help me post" is aggressive; it need not be -the help will not be charged to you -everybody is here to help YOU if they can,no one has to answer you at all; if they feel so inclined. I may be misunderstanding the tone of your message if so I apologise.
    To point out I am just a member of this site like you.
    Last edited by woodcock23; 10-10-2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: additional info