Unhappy Trying to clear all downloads(unwanted)

I wanted to clear out my memory for downloads but I am not sure about how to get this done. I've already tried cookies but Theres still alot of junk left. i NEED IT TO BE COMPLETLY CLEARED OUT FOR GOOD. Ihave a rgular computer running windows 98. Basic computer. Really dont know much else.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's not totally clear what you are trying to achieve.

If you want to make space to save your downloads to, because the drive is close to full, you need to delete unwanted files and uninstall unused programs.

If you just want to clear out all temp files, browser history, etc, download Ccleaner and run just the Cleaner option. Don't use the Registry clean option.

Does that cover it?

Default 1 step further than cookies

Yes that helped me a little bit but I still have a lot of stuff I want erased. Is there another way for me to clear all my history with out useing cookies. I want it to be gone for good. Running windows 98. I need step by step directions b/c I am not computer litterate. Just a little bit informed. Thank You

Blog Entries

If you ran Ccleaner, you cleaned everything you can safely remove. Maybe if you give us an idea of what it is you want removed, we could help further. If it's sensitive info, remember everything here is anonymous, and we've seen just about everything there is to see.

Default ok here goes

I have a lot of snippets of movies that I looked at and some I wish I never had watched but its to late now so I am asking how would I go into my computer and look at all of what I've seen and be able to erase them. They were watched on a free site but I am not sure if they were kept in the memory. They were only like 10-25 sec clips. Thank you so much for helping me I definately dont want my son or any one else to find them

Blog Entries

OK, you need to do a search of the computer for all video files. Unfortunately Win98 didn't have the best search option, so you'll need to do a bit of work. It shouldn't take too long though.

First, access the Find option on your start menu. This will explain how it works.

Next, in the Named box, enter the following (with no spaces)...

*. followed by each of the following in turn...

mpg
    mpeg
    avi
    qt
    mov
    wmv
    flv
    asf
    dvx
    mpe
    mp4
    mpv2
    rts
    xvid

So, as an example, the first would look like this...

*.mpg.

Then click on Find now.

You'll need to vet all results to make sure you aren't deleting needed files. Those you don't want to keep, right click on them and select Delete.

Repeat the same thing for all of the file types in the list.

When you've finished, empty your Recycle bin.

Hope that helps. If there is an odd stray, it can always be dismissed as spam.

Good luck.

Default I wanted to

I weanted to thank you so much for helping me out. I wish everyone was like you. But Fortunatly God only made one you and I am so glad to have been able to chat with you. Hope you have a great weekend. And Thanks Again
    Brian Farrington

Blog Entries

You're welcome.