Default Error when Closing Internet Explorer

I get this error whenever I close my internet explorer.

0x7e2a59ci ref mem 0x016b2190. I can't find any information on what this is and how to get rid of it. I reset my internet and it's still happening.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Tammy

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Which version of IE are you using? Have you got the latest updates from Microsoft? Have you had any other error messages, have you installed/uninstalled any other programs since this started?

Version 6. I think my husband installed puredge but that's all that I know of!

I'm not familiar with puredge, what does this program do? Please answer the other questions re: updates and other messages. To check your version, open IE > Help > About IE > should give you the version. Are you running XP SP2 or XP SP3?

It's a form viewer program. I have IE 6.0 XP SP 3

Some have had problems with SP3, did this problem appear right after installing SP3? For now, try doing a repair on IE6, here's the instructions, go for Method 2. Repair Internet Explorer 6 . Keep us posted. You might want to consider upgrading to IE7, most of the bugs have been ironed out, so is pretty safe to use now.

I did that on my own last night and everything seems to be working okay now. I will consider IE7, I just didn't like it in the past so hopefully its well ironed out now. Thanks for the great help....I think my issue is solved!

Tammy