Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Computer won't read sd card

Please help me. I have a Laptop Dell Inspiron 9300 running XP. If I insert my SD card to see my pics. the computer does not open. Seems that the driver is not working.... Tell me what to do.
    Thanks.....

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

What kind of card? If it's an SDHC card then unless it's a brand new computer it won't read it. You'll need an adapter or use the USB cable through the device.

The new SDHC cards aren't compatible with the older built in readers. An alternative is something like this.

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Default Computer won't read the SD Card.

The SD CARD READER is built in the Laptop. It worked before. The Card is: DURACELL 2 GB. Please help!

Go to Start > Run and type devmgmt.msc then click OK.

Are there any red or yellow question marks in there?

Are you sure the card isn't damaged and do you have another card to try?

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Yes! There is a yellow exclamation mark on it. (secure digital storage device) I have MORE cards and.... the same pproblem.

OK, Right click on the secure digital storage device and choose Update Driver. If that doesn't work then you can try Rolling it back.

Last you can choose Uninstall. This will uninstall the driver. Then restart the computer and Windows will re-install it for you.

I did all and the situation remains the same.....

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Have you tried going to the Dell site and looking for a driver? Check this out Dell - Technical Support I think you'll need your service tag number to find out what driver download you're looking for. Keep us posted

well, I don't have a service tag number!!! There is something else that I can do to solve this problem? Thanks!!!!

You can scan for the tag here,

Dell - Support

I think That's a ricoh driver your looking for many others have the same problem.

Good luck.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast